Ian@COBB's Personal Fiesta ST Adventure

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Photos and Media' started by COBB, Jan 24, 2014.

1. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

Dave's had his ST for that long too!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Actually NO.

I had these extensions on my '11 SES.
    I removed the spoiler before trade in and put it on the ST.

Dave

CarefreeAZ likes this.
  4. CarefreeAZ

CarefreeAZ Active Member

I know. By the way, I drove my SES for the first time in three months today and still love that too.

5. COBB

COBB Active Member

Finally washed my car this weekend!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bryramos, envyist and djdennehy like this.
  6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Looks nice can't wait to see it with the Red wheels :)

7. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

For some reason they always look better when they are clean.

Dave

8. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

[​IMG]

Clean with a full tank of gas. Life is good ! lol

Firesail likes this.
  9. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

djdennehy and iLiptiKal like this.
  10. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I am really excited about what is shown in the link above. :)

iLiptiKal likes this.
  11. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

12. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I've been waiting to post details until I could get some video, but I got launch control about a month ago with my custom tune from Innovative Tuning in Buffalo. He gave me several tunes with different launch RPMs. Using even the lowest one (3k) it launches well but as soon as the boost comes on both front tires just roast ... especially the stockers. I was able to get reasonable launches with the Direzzas, but still had to feather the throttle to keep the spin to a minimum before I grab 2nd gear. I bet with real R compound tires it would be just right.

iLiptiKal likes this.
  13. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I had to lower the limiter to 2400 to prevent spinning the stock front tires.

14. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Ok I am at a bit of a loss now. I had Innovative make me tunes with 2400 and 2700 launch limits. Today I tried the 2400 tune and still smoked both front tires when the boost came on. Do I have that much more power than you? Unfortunately I don't think there are a lot of other data points on this yet.

15. WScottCross

The launch control cuts out at the preset speed (default is 4.8 MPH). It's designed to get you off the line. Once the boost comes on, you're way past that speed and launch control won't help you. You can set a higher speed, but that would probably not be a good thing. At some point, you will need to moderate the throttle to avoid excessive wheel spin. That's a big part of the torque limiting that Ford put in our ECU. The AP tunes bypass that and the tradeoff is that we can now spin the tires quite readily.

16. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

Ok I do understand how the launch control works, but I thought you were saying you could launch and hold the pedal on the floor through first gear without excessive wheelspin :)

17. WScottCross

Sure. Just set the cutoff speed to 30 and you won't spin the tires at all in first. :) I think that might make the car a bit less fun overall though. Sorry If I made it sound like it was like that. Probably better to leave TC on or at least Sport mode and let that control wheel spin.

18. BlackST

BlackST New Member

Do you happen to have a link to that cargo mat? I've ordered two from ebay with that exact picture but they never show up being the right one.