Ideal Setup for G-Stock Class

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Autocross' started by djdennehy, Aug 26, 2014.

1. limbo

limbo Active Member

Awesome! This is great news!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

Doug is only providing his interpretation of the rules. I've heard that protest committee has ruled against his interpretation before. Not being a Debbie downer, I plan on running Koni's myself...

4. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

I'm going to take a picture of it as well. If it actually gets protested things would get interesting as these are not the only cars that have dampners on the factory struts and not on the aftermarket.

5. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

Im on the argument that the dampner is part of the strut.

6. Mightymango

Which by the rules we are allowed to change. (The Strut)

Mister_Mino likes this.
  7. jasyatz

jasyatz Member

So here's what you do. Put the struts in, keep the dampers with the car in the glove box. If you have a question brought against you, zip tie them to the strut. The rules say you can replace the strut, and the dampers are part of the strut. They provide zero performance gain other than losing 9 oz of weight. If they are in the glove box, there is no gain.

A car I helped put together a few years back got protested for a dealer installed rear spoiler for a performance gain. Our argument; It adds weight and offers zero performance gain. His rebuttal; if it had no performance gain, then why would you put it on the car? Our response; It looks cool, and holds up the rear Hoosier sticker nicely. Protest tossed out, but they recommended for day 2 that we remove it. So we did. Dealer installed aesthetic accessories are still an iffy subject, struts and shock rules are pretty cut and dry now.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    Mightymango likes this.
  8. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

Anyone running the Rota Slipstreams 16x7 ET 45?

9. Couldahadav8

Couldahadav8 Active Member

I would if you can find a current supply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cligedy likes this.
  10. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

Have you looked at 18racing?

I have not asked for possible delivery dates.

11. Couldahadav8

Couldahadav8 Active Member

In my exhaustive search of the interweb, I have looked there. They have a listing of wheels in stock, and the only slipstreams in our size are 40mm offset, which you can get several places. My understanding is that the size we want was produced in the past, but there are essentially none left in retail stock. If they do have them, please let us know. Thanks.

12. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

I emailed them earlier so I guess I will expect a reply similar to your post. I will have a lightweight set before the Dixie Championship Tour but would like to not have to machine a set of Enkeis.

Couldahadav8 likes this.
  13. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Dixie tour is a ~7 hour drive for me, which makes it the closest tour for me. I'll see you there!

14. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

Great! You should also try and make it to the Match Tour at Spence Field in Moultrie, GA.

15. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Maybe, do you know if they are changing the Match tour format/ rules for 2015? I trophied at the Atlanta match tour last year, but I'm not in love with the event style.

16. Mightymango

Is anyone really? The Milwaukee one was cancelled because they didn't get enough registrations. They made it a "normal local event" and had over 150 people over two days.

I was debating doing the Dixie Tour....but it is SOOOOoo far from me.

17. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

Not sure of format changes but I expect a few, as they are trying to have better participation. They advertise Match Tours as the entry level national solo events, and I believe with a few tweaks and better run formats they could have better turn outs. The venue choices this year show some of the intentions.

18. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Yup, Dixie and Moultrie are the "close" events for me, only 400 miles away :(

19. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

As proposed, HS could be a great class. Would love for Dixie to start off a competitive season.

20. Mightymango

Yeah, about 1200 for me....which I guess is what some people do for nationals if not more...it would be fun to start off HS that weekend.

21. JLWSN

JLWSN Member

We only had 5 drivers in HS last year at Dixie. I should have driven better but could not execute the large sweeper on day one as well as I should have. Steve Brolliar easily took the win. While I was under prepped, the majority of the time difference was all driver.