Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by Eric Hamann, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

How close are we to seeing an intake? The Injen one is looking tempting but I'm trying to keep/go all Cobb

Thanks in advance!
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

I can't say when the COBB intake is coming out. Having seen the COBB intake first hand I can say that the design of the COBB intake is vastly superior to the Injen intake.
  4. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

From what limited I have seen of the Cobb intake, I would say that it looks like a much better design than the Injen version. The Mountune one is also really good. The more I look into intakes and based on my own experiences, I am going to keep the air filter in a housing instead of having an open element filter. The Cobb one looks to be a tubular section from the turbo to a conical filter housed in the lower half of the factory box. That would keep the ducting from the bumper intact and keep hot air out of the filter. I am leaning towards Mountune or Cobb.
  5. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

That's pretty much exactly right. The intake tube is also replaced with a plastic piece which will absorb less heat than an aluminium one.
  6. scenicroadways

scenicroadways New Member

Anxiously waiting on this to release..
  7. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

Nice thanks guys! Looks like I'm waiting for Cobb haha, I do like the idea of keeping the stock intake from bumper!
  8. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

I hope the Cobb intake has that nice wooosh sound like the fswerks and injen intake have. I watched the stage 2 video by the smoking tire and didn't hear it when they did the test drive.
  9. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I am quite happy with the Mountune intake. The icing-on the cake so to speak, was the application of a "Mountune Racing " sticker on top of the housing:cool: 5 HP right there baby ~!
    Firesail likes this.
  10. Eric Hamann

Eric Hamann Member

I'm hoping the Cobb sticker gives me 7 lol