Interior Maintenance and Dust

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Detailing' started by MexicanFiestaST, Jan 16, 2014.

1. DreamDetail, what technique do you recommend for cleaning the dust that accumulates in the interior? My FiestaST has only 600 miles on it, and I'm seeing the same thing I've see in my other vehicles: dust, especially particles smaller than, but resembling, grains of sand or salt. In particular, they get into the little crevices in the center console.

In my other vehicles, I used to vacuum(or wipe and let them fall deeper into the crevices) and just live with it. But this won't be good enough for my FiST...

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. level42

level42 Active Member

Why not pick up a pack of cheap art paint brushes to brush the dust into a more manageable area?

[​IMG]

MexicanFiestaST and aborbs87 like this.
  4. aborbs87

aborbs87 Active Member

+1 What a great idea! I know I'm giving this a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

I keep a mini paint brush in the glove compartment..

6. Never thought of that!:headbang: I have even cheaper ones on hand, the plain metal bodied ones I use to mix epoxy when working on my RC planes. This dust bugs the crap out of me when sitting at a stop light!

7. level42

level42 Active Member

I suppose you could even dampen the tip of the brush with a tiny dot of water (or even some proper automotive polish) to help collect the stubborn dust ...

8. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Get a swifer duster. The dust clings to it instead of it being shoved out to another location.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Firesail and LuvfiestaST like this.
  9. I like that idea even better.

10. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I keep one in mine!:D

11. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

Brush first swiffer second

12. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

13. capt4inslow

capt4inslow New Member

I keep microfiber towels in the car,

in varying fluffiness for maximum crevice reach.

14. FiSTpump

FiSTpump New Member

15. DreamDetail

DreamDetail Member

I'm not sure how I missed this when it was first posted. If your looking for brushes to get into vents and gaps, these work great:

[​IMG]
    http://www.polishangel.us/collections/brushes/products/interior-brush-s

As is recommended above, I keep a microfiber towel in the car for wiping off dust in between washes. I swap it with a clean microfiber when I wash the car or if it gets too dirty beforehand. I also coat my interior plastics with Snowcake which leaves a dry film of UV protection and makes for easier cleaning.

[​IMG]
    http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0249/1426/products/SNOWCAKE1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1380654816