iOS 8 and Ability to Receive Texts

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by JohnnyCanuck, Sep 20, 2014.

1. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

I've got my iPhone 5 to work with text messaging but every time there was an update would have redo this procedure in the link below
    http://www.fiestast.org/forum/showthread.php?p=7890
    Basically evolves deleting phone connection and following the steps for text messaging to work

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Representative

You’re welcome! Since iOS8 hasn’t been added to our compatibility chart yet, I can’t confirm that the text messaging feature will work with MyFord Touch: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/device-compatibility-sync-myford-touch The good news is that I’ve received a lot of feedback from other forum members that text messaging still works well with the update.

It sounds like you’ve tried most of these steps already, but take a look at this link and make sure you’re following all of the instructions: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/how-to-allow-ios-text-messaging-sync-myford-touch

As a last resort, you may need to restore your iPhone to the factory settings. I am unable to walk you through this process, but I do recommend backing up your phone if you choose to go this route.

Hey CNRGWR,

You’re so close! It sounds like you just need to do a quick key cycle. This is done by turning off the engine and opening the car door so the MyFord Touch screen turns off. When you start the car back up, the text message feature should be working (as long as the SHOW NOTIFICATIONS option is selected).

Great news, Stevelach! Before the reboot, do you remember seeing the SHOW NOTIFICATIONS option on your phone when SYNC was selected?

Kim

4. JohnnyCanuck

JohnnyCanuck New Member

Got it to work! I think what you need to do is set the phone as "Favourite" when first syncing to the car. My wife's phone was already set as favourite and I didn't want to change it. After saying "yes" to being a favourite, the "show notifications" toggle appeared on my phone after sync was complete. YAY! :)

After everything was set, I changed the favourite setting back to my wife's phone.

5. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

Great news, Stevelach! Before the reboot, do you remember seeing the SHOW NOTIFICATIONS option on your phone when SYNC was selected?

Kim[/QUOTE]

Yep, the option was there but it wouldn't connect until I rebooted my iPhone.

6. FordIVTteam

Thanks for the info, guys! I really appreciate it :D.

Kim

7. CNRGWR

CNRGWR New Member

Success on my end too! I even put in call to the tech line and bottom line from the conversation was its a crap shoot on whether or not the texting will work. I deleted the connection from my phone and sync, re-did it with the door opening and closing and voila! The text messages come in. Thanks for the help Kim! Hope it works out for everyone else.

8. FordIVTteam

Thanks for the update. That's what I was hoping to hear! I'm glad it's working now.

Kim

9. CNRGWR

CNRGWR New Member

Update: it stopped working. It was good yesterday but not today. My phone did take a spill yesterday so I was thinking it was that. But the messages were still coming up after the drop. I tired doing the same thing that worked, but no luck.

10. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I never could get texts working with my 4S. Tried everything. Picked up a new 6 with iOS 8 and it works flawlessly :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. CNRGWR

CNRGWR New Member

It's temperamental. It started working again a couple days ago. I'm just not going to question it.

12. FordIVTteam

Great, Mikeygti! Let me know if anything comes up :).

Hey CNRGWR,

A soft reset to the iPhone will normally resolve issues like the one you're describing. Just hold the POWER and HOME button until the Apple logo appears. This will not delete your Bluetooth connection, so you won't have to worry about pairing it again. It should automatically be recognized the next time you enter the car.

Kim

13. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I had no issues until I updated to iOS 8.2. Then texts stopped working. All I had to do was delete and re-pair the phone, turn the car off, open the door, turn on show notifications on the phone, then start the car back up. Working again!

14. FordIVTteam

I'm glad you got everything straightened out, mrtn. Thanks for sharing!

Kim

15. Amy

Amy New Member

Update: Still trying to pair my iOS 8.0.2 to Google Glass. Still not working, the option to "Show notifications" is non-existent. Reset the phone, restored the phone, deleted the app to pair, forgot the connection, etc. Nothing has worked. Glass team has mentioned there isn't a fix for this right now, but to keep on the lookout on the Google+ page for any news. It's an iOS 8 issue.

16. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

FWIW I upgraded to the 6 yesterday, deleted my old one and paired the new phone with no notification issues. The new phone was on 8.0 when I paired it and I upgraded to 8.0.2 once home and everything still works like it should. It's strange how some have to delete and re-pair.

17. Amy

Amy New Member

18. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

May have spoke too soon. Appears to keep turning off and I have to just disconnect and reconnect on MFT. Never had issues before iOS8.2

19. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

Paired to Sync, and pebble watch.

8.2 (the beta released for developers today) or 8.0.2 (the current public release)?

Edit: disregard that @mrtn, it's 8.1 for devs. I was thinking the beta could easily cause that.

20. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Sorry 8.0.2. Whatever the latest public release is. I'm no developer.

21. FordIVTteam

A soft reset to the phone will normally take care of this. Hold the HOME and POWER buttons until the Apple logo appears. If the phone continues to disconnect frequently after this reset, check out this support page from Apple: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6473

Kim