iOS 8 and Ability to Receive Texts

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by JohnnyCanuck, Sep 20, 2014.

1. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Still having issues after iOS 8.0.2. Tried it all. The phone always connects with Bluetooth no problems there. But the text messaging keeps turning off. Even if I disconnect and re connect, the texts start working but after a few min it stops again. I can ask it to read texts one minute. And it works but the next text I receive it doesn't notify my that I got one and if I try to have the car read it it says text messaging isn't available On This device... But it just worked 10 mins earlier.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. JohnnyCanuck

JohnnyCanuck New Member

That sucks! Sorry, not very helpful but I totally understand your frustration.

4. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Representative

I'm bummed to hear that you're still having issues, mrtn. Since you've already walked through the steps that I've recommended, I suggest reaching out to Apple to see if they can provide further troubleshooting steps for Bluetooth connection issues. I am not familiar with the iOS 8.0.2 update, so I think it's best to reach out to the phone experts at this point.

Kim

5. Ronbo

Ronbo Member

Apple is having issues with iOS 8 as far as connectivity with several car brands. No doubt it will be fixed in a coming update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Ah good to know. I hate bugging Apple, or any company for that matter. Always a hassle to get a straight answer.