iPhone Text Messaging with SYNC? Signs point to YES!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by DirtyBlueshirt, Jul 11, 2014.

1. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

A few days ago, the Beta 3 build of iOS8 came out, and I promptly installed it (I have dev access).

It wasn't until a couple days ago as I'm driving home and recieve a text message. To my shock, SYNC caught it!

So lesson here? iOS8 will finally allow text messages to filter over to SYNC!*

*I am using an iPhone 5S. YMMV.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I have an iPhone 5 on ios7 and have been able to receive texts since I got my car in October...

iLiptiKal likes this.
  4. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

I also have an iPhone 5 with iOS7 and can receive text messages through Sync and MFT.

5. DirtyBlueshirt

Interesting. I have not.

What carrier do you use? Maybe it's part of the carrier settings on each phone?

6. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Maybe... I'm in Canada and I am on Rogers wireless (partner is AT&T in the states). There are instructions on fords sync website for setting up your iPhone to receive texts.

7. Stevelach

Stevelach Active Member

I've got Verizon. I remember having to do a reset on the Sync side, and reconnect on the phone side to get everything working.

8. DirtyBlueshirt

Do you have a link?

9. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I've had to do this too. Couple times.

10. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Kalil and iLiptiKal like this.
  11. DirtyBlueshirt

I think I recall turning on the "Show Notifications" option in the SYNC Bluetooth profile. Not entirely self-explanatory. Thanks for the link!

mrtn likes this.
  12. uglydogrally

uglydogrally New Member

Did it tonight, I have iPhone 4s, and sure enough works!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

The ST I had last year and our Escape with MFT could get text messages as of last fall. Actually, the ST did it last July. The Escape needed an update to work.

14. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

Awesome, thanx guys !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk