Is MP215 the way to go?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by Anders Olsson, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Anders Olsson

Anders Olsson New Member

Sorry, but I'm not sure about all the terms you are using here, "MAF" what does that stand for?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Mass Air Flow and Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor airflow metering strategies. The US car uses a different one from the World car.

Sent by my GS4 via Tapatalk.

4. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Look in the aftermarket parts thread, there's a list of Europe friendly tuning services (including Mountune, Revo and Bluefin)

Sent by my GS4 via Tapatalk.

Anders Olsson likes this.
  5. Anders Olsson

Anders Olsson New Member

I´m grateful :)

6. CSM

CSM Member

So I was finally able to put my car on a dyno this morning. The car with only the MP215 kit put down 188hp/238tq. These are SAE numbers on a DynoJet. I know the numbers are a little lower than what Mountune USA advertises, but the car still pulls strong. The MP215 kit definitely wakes it up. I am happy with it!

7. Randy@mountune

Randy@mountune Active Member

timboslice likes this.
  8. Anders Olsson

Anders Olsson New Member

Sounds more like WHP to me?

9. Tokendog

Tokendog Member

Yeah, has to be. Car does that stock (maybe not the torque).

10. Randy@mountune

Dynojet numbers are always at the wheels.

11. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Someone just ran a stock FiST with similar numbers.. Did you run a base line before the MP215? Dynos are pretty much only useful as a delta ie. gains over a baseline. There are too many variable with individual dyno set up and calibrations to compare one dyno to another.

12. CSM

CSM Member

Yeah I'm kicking myself for not getting a baseline. Oh well... I just wanted to get a ballpark idea of what my car makes right now. What my car makes seems pretty high for stock numbers. Cobb's database has several stock cars that put out about 163hp and 204tq IIRC.

Either way, I just wanted to get a dyno pull in b/c I wanted a ballpark idea of what my FiST makes now.

For the record, I want people to know that I love the MP215 kit. It does exactly what it was designed to do, to change the character without sacrificing drivability and your factory warranty. I'm very happy with my decision to go this route.

bobjob likes this.
  13. CSM

CSM Member

Quick question for your MP215 owners...

Does anyone have a constantly "dirty" tailpipe now? Seems like my exhaust gets dirtier faster with the MP215 tune...maybe its normal due to the tune being a little on the rich side?

14. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

I think the dirty tail pipe issue is more of a problem with Ecoboost engines and more specifically direct injection. There are a couple of videos on Youtube that explain what's been going on with the higher levels of carbon buildup on the valve train of the engine. Ford has in some cases warrantied the whole cylinder head to fix the carbon build-up issue, which is a temporary measure. Hopefully Ford is working in the back ground to find a solution to this issue.

15. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

Great article on dynos! So what should an MP215 car be putting down to the wheels on your inertia Dynojet given that it's rated at 215 crank HP and unknown torque?

16. Randy@mountune

Our test car put down about 203 WHP / 247 WTQ on our Dynojet with the MP215 and 91 octane.

17. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

[​IMG]

And just shy of 250 ft-lbs torque?

18. Pokey

Pokey New Member

What did your dealer charge for the install?

19. ZREXER

ZREXER Member

not installed yet

20. Chuckable

Chuckable Member

Mine was about $120. I'm in South Florida.