Is the Recaro package worth it?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by breon, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

I'll just wait until someone recks their fist with the orange/gray recaros and I should get them then

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Fiat slayer

Fiat slayer Member

I too would look out for recked ones because I really want them

4. onederer

onederer Member

After having been to the ST Octane Academy I can say that if you are into "spirited" driving...YES the seats are worth it.
    if you have to shoehorn your (my) plump buttocks into them, they are worth it.

5. limbo

limbo Active Member

Man you guys have similar tastes I guess. HAHA

Cligedy likes this.
  6. Etyrnus

Etyrnus New Member

I opted for no Recaros. They didn't fit me comfortably, and I don't really track my cars, so I didn't need the extra bolstering.

7. LuvfiestaST

LuvfiestaST Active Member

My high light of the day after driving in a truck for 9 hrs is getting into my car and having those Recaros seat snug the body for the drive home.. Everyone that sees the car love it but when they open the door and sit in the seats they go omg I love these fucking seats..

Sil3nt611 likes this.
  8. TaylorFade

TaylorFade New Member

I read this whole thread before I bought my car. I drove both the Recaro equipped one and regular.

I purposely chose NOT to get them. I actually think the regular seats are perfect and comfortable as shit. I also happen to think $2k is retarded.

9. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I think the exact opposite. Also here in the north, we get heated seats and mirrors with the Recaros. I love the heated seats when the temps are in the teens or lower.

iLiptiKal likes this.
  10. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Yesterday it was 110 degrees outside when I got into my car to go home after work.
    I too love those heated seats.

Dave

spangenb likes this.
  11. Nendez420

Nendez420 New Member

If you are "big boned" no... you wont like the seats. Me personally, I love them so much. The way they hug you is amazing.

12. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I am big boned and big everything else.
    Hell I'm fat.
    I love the Recaros.

Dave

Firesail, Dyn085 and LuvfiestaST like this.
  13. Nendez420

Nendez420 New Member

This is just based off the feedback people have given me hehe

14. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Agreed I have seen your balls while a rather distinct color they are big for a man of your height...

15. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

:rotfl:
    I not sure how to respond to that.
    I thought I had explained the color however.

Dave

Firesail likes this.
  16. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

I'm 6', 250 lbs, and I love the seats. The first week was a little rough, but they feel great now. I guess I broke-in to them.

The seat was what worried me about purchasing the FiST though. One day while driving my FoST I realized that I loved the Recaro's, so I went to the dealership the next day to ensure that the FiST seats weren't smaller. After seeing the MO Recaro's and sitting in them we went and did the paperwork.

17. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

I'm gonna admit, it was totally worth it. Takes a little to get used to compared to my 2011 SES seats, but even though it isn't full leather I am loving them. I am only sad I didn't get the molten orange as the stock at my dealership didn't have any in molten orange.

I will most likely re upholster some day down the line, but for now I am loving them.

I'm about 5' 6" and weigh around 100 lbs and it was different. the way the seats are, they make me put my hands on the 3-9 o'clock positions and kinda force me to keep more control of my vehicle. The fact that they are recaros means that even with spirited driving, I can stay inside the seat and won't slide anywhere. My last Fiesta had my passengers and myself sliding a bit during slightly intense cornering and such.

I know that it's been talked to death but basically I would advise anyone looking into an ST to give a test drive in 2 models with and without the seats and see how they like it.

18. F1ST

F1ST Member

Recaros are the only option on my FiST. Had to scrape to get the monthly payment where I wanted. Totally worth it. I think I'd regret not having done it.
    That being said, if it had come to a choice of FiST or no FiST I was prepared to live without. Getting the heated seats/mirrors in New England justified the stretch financially for me.

Firesail likes this.
  19. The Duke

The Duke Member

Only seats I've sat in that were better was while I was tracking a F430 Scuderia.

spangenb and envyist like this.
  20. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I love getting a hug every time I get in the car! The fact that they are heated is a nice plus for us Northern owners. It did take a week or so for me to adjust to the leg bolsters because I was used to resting my knees on the door and center console with my SES. Unless you absolutely dont fit in them, I consider them essential for full enjoyment of the cars abilities. They are def worth it to me.

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  21. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

I'm a big person, the Recaros are snug at first, but you get used to them and then they're more comfortable.

Keep in mind, the primary purpose of the Recaro seats isn't comfort, but Gluteal Stability Control

LuvfiestaST and Firesail like this.