Is the Recaro package worth it?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by breon, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Cesso

Cesso Member

I'm hoping that they break in according to the use they get and the frame of the person using them. Coming from my previous cars with Porsche GT3RS fixed back seats and a Momo Thousand Lakes racing seat (which fit me perfectly) the Recaros felt incredibly luxurious. But whereas only tiny people could sit in my car before, the Recaros seem much more accommodating. But then again I am quite small at 5'10" and 145lbs, the stock seats felt like a couch...

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. limbo

limbo Active Member

Has anyone weighed their fist with recaros and no sunroof? Curious how much heavier the seats are

spangenb likes this.
  4. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I definitely want to get my Recaro-only car on the scales soon.

5. OrangeFist

OrangeFist Member

I traded in a Fiesta Titanium for my orange FiST. I was originally thinking of getting the standard seats, however I felt I was sloshing around even in the seats of the Titanium. Then I drove one with Recaros and the decision was made to go for the Recaros. Big difference for me. $2000 is a lot of money but I'm glad I was able to swing the additional expense.

The Recaros are also very elegant and complete the car. I also like the fit, finish, and quality of the embroidered emblems. The cloth is of pretty good quality too.

Another thing: It is also a matter of taste. My sister in law is petite and hates the Recaros or seats with any kind of added bolstering - she feels claustrophobic in them.

6. F1ST

F1ST Member

I did. Had 15" alloy snow set on at the time and no spare.

I'll get on the scales again with the factory wheels or just get a weight dif this weekend when I swap autox wheels.

http://fiestast.net/index.php?threads/Weighed-my-FiST-today.751/#post-12239

7. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

This car made me lose 14 lbs...coming from a totally boring automatic, it was like driving a couch down the road...this car is a gym on wheels..from left leg clutch presses to right leg rpm matching to right arm extensions and pulls to the upper body work out with the steering wheel...most of all, I knew I was out of shape when I sat in the Recaros and it got me motivated to lose some weight...and unsprung weight went down...less fat=faster FiST..hardy har har...and yes, totally worth it...especially 20 years from now when your car is rolling down the Mecum runway...wait for it...."the iconic and first year model offering from Ford for North America, just sold for a whopping $120,000...and without the Recaro package, there is no way this car touches $80k"..soooo, you are getting a $38,000 return on a $2000 investment..not bad in my humble opinion

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    LuvfiestaST and spangenb like this.
  8. onederer

onederer Member

[​IMG]

9. limbo

limbo Active Member

You're* ;)

RDgolfer likes this.
  10. onederer

onederer Member

tell it to the guy that made the shitty meme!
    [​IMG]
    lol

11. onederer

onederer Member

I...am...laughing...at...the...response....do...you...not...have...a...sense...of...humour???

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  12. onederer

onederer Member

that's a rather personal question Captain...Ellipsis...keep it technical.

13. onederer

onederer Member

12345 just like the combination on my luggage and my banking pin...why?

14. onederer

onederer Member

[​IMG]
    unclench dude. I am no good to be sure, but I ain't your daddy. I lost the ability to have kids after Somalia.
    You clearly took light heated ribbing with the Zoidberg pic a little more harshly than it was. And just because I didn't state my car color proves nothing. I could have had it painted McLaren Orange for petesake.
    Actually, that's a neat idea.
    Peace out...guy.

OrangeFist and Firesail like this.
  15. Irsinn

Irsinn New Member

What he said... I'm 60 yo, 6'2", 250 lbs and love the seats. They take some time to break in, like a good pair of shoes

16. horrorbiz

horrorbiz Member

Does anyone know for sure if the Fiesta ST Recaro's will hook right up to a non-Recaro (base ST)? IE the wiring/etc. I am assuming the wiring harnesses are the same because it would cost Ford more money in the long run to have the same car wired multiple ways. There's a picture earlier in this thread of a FiST with both a base seat and a Recaro at a Ford Dealer to show the difference, so that makes me think my assumptions are correct.

17. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

short answer: yes.

Sent from my iPad using Fingers

horrorbiz likes this.
  18. horrorbiz

horrorbiz Member

Haha thanks! Is there any part of the long answer that I should know? I'm not concerned if the heaters won't work, I just want to make sure the airbags will work.

19. DirtyBlueshirt

Nope. I have the Recaro seats in my Titanium. 100% fit. Or so I hope. I really didn't want to actually test the airbags :)

Sent from my iPad using Fingers

LuvfiestaST and horrorbiz like this.
  20. horrorbiz

horrorbiz Member

Thanks! Plugged in and no airbag light is enough assurance for me!

21. DirtyBlueshirt

Here's the post on it: #5536