Jack photo needed

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by AlanBDahl, Apr 18, 2014.

1. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

I had a flat and had to use the jack. Problem is I can't figure out how everything attaches, like the lug wrench and the oil funnel. If someone could take a photo of the jack as it's installed in the car it would be most appreciated. Thanks!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mkeperson

mkeperson Member

I cannot get it to copy here, but there is a pic on page 232 of the owners manual.

4. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

I'll have to take a look at it when I get home, thanks!

5. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

The oe jack sucks. Gonna buy an aftermarket jack from walmart and attach a J hook to my drill to raise and lower it faster.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

6. conevadr

conevadr New Member

I've had this same issue on other cars, so I had already put a picture on my phone...

George M
    jack.jpg

7. mossdahaus

mossdahaus Member

That is actually NOT an oil funnel. It is a fuel filler funnel for when you run out of gas.

quiznos likes this.
  8. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Thanks for clarifying that. I had no idea what it was.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

9. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Yeah, apparently our capless fuel filler won't work with just any gas can, so if you run out of gas on the side of the road, you'll need the funnel.

AlanBDahl likes this.
  10. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Orientation? That is, which way is "up"?

11. quiznos

quiznos Member

The "funnel side" is up. The notch is for the pinch weld fit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

12. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Sorry, I think I failed to state the question clearly. By orientation/"up", I was trying to ask about what direction is which in relation to the car, not which side of the jack is "up". In other words, is the fuel filler device on the forward or aft end of the assembly relative to the car?

13. quiznos

quiznos Member

Oh haha. That makes much more sense.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

14. conevadr

conevadr New Member

That picture of the jack is pretty much what taken with the spare tire removed and standing behind the rear of the car. So the top of the picture is to the front of the car. The center of the spare tire attaches directly above the center hole in the exposed red bodywork. The jack is screwed to the bottom hole.

George M

15. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Thanks, George.