Just Ordered 17" Sparco Assetto Gara Black Painted Wheels :)

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by stuntdoogie, Dec 17, 2013.

1. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Gonna mount my current Gmax A/S tires on these wheels. Got the TPMS and Triggering Tool.
    Ill post pics once they are on the black beauty!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. limbo

limbo Active Member

Nice I have these in 16" but in red. Looking forward to seeing what 17's look like!

4. pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2 Active Member

Those were on the top of my list... until today I found out Tire Rack will have a batch of black 17x7 OZ Ulteggeras in stock January 15th. I'm actually going to have mine widened .5" to make them 17x7.5 so I can mount 215/40-17s and still have a bit of a rounded (slightly stretched) sidewall, which is the look I prefer.

5. stuntdoogie

Those cost a pretty penny dont they? Also you can customize width lenght?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

6. stuntdoogie

I really like the oz leggenda black wheels but they only sell in UK and like $300 a wheels yikes.

7. pelotonracer2

Yeah, you are right, they ain't cheap. lol. But they look absolutely fantastic and are a tick over 16 pounds per wheel. . No, I have a place locally that can widen rims. They've done this on a few cars for me in the past, including on my supercharged 1999 Dakota (I went from 17x9s to 17x11s on the rears to facilitate a 315/45-17 tire). They do a top notch job. The only caveat is that Discount Tire wont mount tires on them. They say it is too much liability for them, which is stupid because where they place the weld is actually stronger than the non modified wheel). A 17x7.5 wheel with a 42 offset is PERFECT for this car. There is still plenty of room (I measured everything).

8. Removed

Removed Guest

I have these in 16x7 for my snow tires. Nice wheels, although I've already curbed 2 of them. :(

9. stuntdoogie

Eww :(

10. pelotonracer2

Anyways, be sure to take a few pictures. I may end up changing my mind. heh ;)

11. stuntdoogie

Weather permitting i will...

12. stuntdoogie

I actually really wanted SVT EAP wheels in black, someone on one of these forums has them on a Red ST and it looks awesome but the price to weight ratio turned me off.

pelotonracer2 likes this.
  13. pelotonracer2

Yep, me too. I love the way the black euro-spec SVT wheels look, but they are essentially a stock wheel (size and weight). Whenever I consider a wheel for one of my vehicles, the criteria is based on these three factors: 1. Wheel style (I'm stupid uber picky about wheels). 2. Wheel weight and 3. Wheel offset and width. Don't really want a 17x7 42 offset wheel. What I really want is a 17x7.5 with 42 offset. The choices are small right now. I REALLY like the Team Dynamics Pro 1.2 wheel. I can have that ordered to my custom specs. What I don't like is having to wait three months to get them and having almost $1,000 tied up for that long. :)