keeping my black Fist clean

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Detailing' started by Parker, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Parker

Parker Member

Haven't had the car more than a few days and it's already filthy.

My question is.... what is the process of washing a car, but more importantly keeping it clean in between washes?

I just would use a sponge+soapy water, then rinse it off. But once you get the dirt off, what is good to keep it clean as long as possible?

Also I washed it when I got home from the dealer, is there anything I can do between washes to clean the car (like some detailing spray and wiping it down) instead of just washing it every few days?

I know everyone has a different system, just trying to figure out how I am going to keep my baby clean and pretty.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

I use a duster that I bought from Walmart for like $15. Any auto store aells them, works pretty good to get the dust off especially the rear.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
  4. djdennehy

djdennehy Active Member

To be honest, between the brakes having such aggressive pads (brake dust) and the car being black, mine never stays clean for more than 2 days. You may want to use a spray on wax detailer (Meguiars is good) after cleaning it to make the clean last a bit longer, but to be honest it will get dirty often.

Do not however, try to use a spray on wax without washing as you may create small scratches on the paint due to the metal being dry when spraying the wax on...
  5. bryramos

bryramos Member

Wax after washing for me! I always wax after washing and if I don't have time to do both, then I wash and wax another day.

Haha and definitely the dusting helps. It's a pain to keep black clean but I knew that when I wanted my ST in black. So far my wash and wax schedule has been every two weeks. The dusting actually keeps me from washing the ST every week.
  6. Parker

Parker Member

just curious, how do you wax it? I've actually never waxed a car.... so yeah. I guess I could look it up on youtube haha
  7. bryramos

bryramos Member

I wax the car under shade and never under direct sunlight. I'm using Meguiair's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Premium Liquid Wax. It's pretty easy to apply with an applicator pad. You just let it dry and then wipe off with a microfiber or soft cotton terry cloth towel. I don't use an orbital buffer, but I know some people like to use one. Everyone has their choice of wax and I'm sure they'll chime in. But the best part after waxing is that the ST will shine and feel like glass.
    Qlean_Kutt likes this.
  8. Parker

Parker Member

found the meguiars youtube videos to be really helpful. I guess the product I was thinking of/looking for is the "ultimate quick detailer" spray. I'm going to go buy a bunch of washing supplies. Time to clean my dirty car! Thanks guys
  9. DreamDetail

DreamDetail Member