Koni Yellow Sport Adjustables

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by Smokin, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

Stranoparts

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

I assume you mean Stranoparts. I don't see the Fiesta ST listed on their web site but I'll give them a call and check, thanks!

stuntdoogie likes this.
  4. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

Sam is an autocross legend and has multiple national championships. National Championship coverage in SCCA Mag and about 10 class champions list stranoparts as sponsor. Yeah, I'm buying from him. And he is local to me, lol...

5. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

Oh yeah, I have been going to the Solo Nationals since 1991 so I am well familiar with Sam and Stranoparts.

6. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

Stranoparts can't get the Fiesta Konis yet. This matches what I've found elsewhere that it appears that Koni isn't distributing them yet.

7. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

8. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

Right but it appears that Koni hasn't put them in the catalog yet so they can't be ordered by retailers.

9. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

10. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

Yes but only from the Koni NA website, retailers like The Tire Rack and Stranoparts don't appear to be able to get them from Koni to resell. Generally retailers are able to beat the Koni online prices by a fair amount so I'd rather buy shocks from one of them if possible.

11. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

Sam just confirmed to me via email that he is able to get them, 8741-1565 L/R and 8040-1419

12. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

At what price?

13. AlanBDahl

AlanBDahl Active Member

Cool, whomever I spoke to on the phone must have been misinformed.

14. TRev

TRev Member

FYI, I spoke with Koni today and they are working on a fitment specifically for the front of the FiST

I had planned to order the fronts but after talking to Koni, plan to wait for the specific fitment.

The best price I could find was from Race Consulting Agency. The complete set is listed at $627.00. The rears are out of stock but I am not in a hurry. I ended up ordering rears for my FoST and the rears for the FiST and the online price was $565. I called them as I wanted them shipped to my work and Terry knocked another $15 off for a total of $550.00.

I am not affiliated with the vendor in any way and have never ordered from them but these seem like great prices and the customer service was much better than when I called elsewhere to verify pricing.

EDIT: Terry sent me an email already and said Koni has the FiST shocks in stock so I should recieve them within 2-3 weeks.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  15. FORZDA 2

FORZDA 2 Member

Did Koni mention any differences in the FiST fronts, other than the FiST vibration damper bracket?

16. TRev

TRev Member

He didn't mention specifics just that they were working on a specific fitment. I decided to wait on the fronts in the unlikely event they do change the valving as I don't need them until February. He was pretty sure the rears would not be changed which leads me to believe the front will likely just be tweaked for fitment, i.e. the ABS bracket, etc. and there won't be any valving or length changes.

17. FORZDA 2

FORZDA 2 Member

Ok, thanks!

18. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Wait a minute, did you jump ship from the FoST?

19. TRev

TRev Member

No, I traded my BRZ for a FiST and now have both :)

InsTwin likes this.
  20. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Well, welcome to the club!

Mightymango and TRev like this.
  21. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

That is interesting as the thought was going to be that nothing different is going to be done. Like you I am in no hurry as Feb/March....even April is fine.