Launch Control

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by WScottCross, Apr 5, 2014.

1. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I saw a reference to "improved launch control logic" in the newest update for the Accessport. Do we have Launch Control? If so, how do we activate it?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mysticfac3

mysticfac3 Member

Sub I too wanna know

4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

You need the COBB ATR tuning software from COBB to make it happen at this point in time. Then just save a tune with it and load it to your AP and into your car. Works cool FYI.

5. crzyworm623

crzyworm623 Member

Why is the atr so much for our cars when it's free for so many others.

6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Not sure on all brands but the AP for the Scooby is 650$ last I looked ..

7. joe@2j-racing

joe@2j-racing Active Member

I think that was referring to the Focus ST updates, I could be wrong

8. frismanis

frismanis Member

So I can load the 93 octane v 1.01 map, add launch control, then save it and transfer to AP? (Yes, I have ATR) I guess I have to play with ATR a bit more.

RodMoe likes this.
  9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yes It's that SIMPLE .. took me a while to understand how simple it was.. I just saved the File as XXXXX93 101LC so I kept the original file too ..

frismanis likes this.
  10. frismanis

frismanis Member

Cool. I think I did it right. I'll put the new map on for my drive home and see if it works.

Actually, I can't wait that long. I'm taking a break and heading to the parking garage right now, so I can fix it if I screwed it up. :D

11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yup for my testing I dropped the rpm to something low and safe then bumped it back up once i figured it out :)

12. wash

wash Active Member

How is the launch control used?

13. frismanis

frismanis Member

Yeah, I set it to 2500. Worked like a champ! Now, what else should I start playing with? :cool:

14. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

You get in start car foot on Gas to floor/clutch in or out works either way.The car comes up to whatever you have set for rpm limit in ATR/saved tune installed in car. Put in clutch select gear and let out clutch however you want and once the car hits whatever MPH you have set in the ATR/tune it lets the car rev like normal.. Standard setting seems to be from COBB of 6600 rpm and 4.8 mph

15. WScottCross

If you set the speed to something higher, say 30MPH, you could use it for flat foot shifting to second as well.

Edit: I had assumed that it only used the secondary rev limiter when the clutch was in, but maybe that's not the case after reading RodMoe's post. Maybe setting a higher speed setting will prevent higher revs until reaching that speed. Obviously not good if you're trying to launch. In that case, i retract my previous assumption.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  16. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Wow, I might have to buy the ATR software for the LC feature alone---and map switching! Would love to be able to have LC on one map, normal 93 performance on another, and the eco map on the third (and still have two slots left over...how cool).

Cobb rocks.

So I assume once you have it set up, you:
    -Start car, clutch down,
    -In neutral, get on the gas, build RPMs
    -Select 1st
    -Let off clutch as desired for launch? (Preferably not into anything solid)

?

17. WScottCross

Once you have the LC map loaded, if the car is moving at slower than the preprogrammed speed (4.8MPH is default), a rev limiter keeps the RPMs below the value you set. The idea is that you mash the throttle and then you can do whatever you like with the clutch, drop it or ease it out as you like. Once you hit 4.8MPH, the rev limit returns to the default 7000.

BlackBird likes this.
  18. WScottCross

Do we have map switching? I couldn't find anything about it for the FiST, just for FoST.

19. BlackBird

I want to ask Cobb, bit I think you just need atr

Sent by my GS4 via Tapatalk.

20. WScottCross

I have ATR, but I don't see any way to do it.

21. BlackBird

That aucks. Maybe it'll become available in an update.

Sent by my GS4 via Tapatalk.