Launch Control

Discussion in 'COBB Tuning' started by WScottCross, Apr 5, 2014.

1. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Yup we can hope we get fast map switching soon :)
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. COBB

COBB Active Member

Once the 2015 models hit we will be looking at this and other features for the FiST.

-Braden @ COBB
    Sent using Tapatalk
    BlackBird likes this.
  4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Oh My is that when they start selling them or taking delivery?
  5. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

That's not so far away. I had the option to order a '15 instead of buying my '14 off the lot, and the dealer said sometime in July.
  6. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Well lets hope COBB gets a early one like last year so they can get after it :) lol
    Firesail and BlackBird like this.
  7. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

would the addition of launch control only work on AP's purchased from Cobb?
  8. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Depends if they put it in their OTS maps then it should work. As it is now you can set it only with the ATR or Pro software but rumor has it "It is coming"
    I can set mine and I have had FSWERKS and now Mountune COBB AP's
  9. COBB

COBB Active Member

Launch Control is in Accesstuner, so anyone that makes a map (Protuner, Accesstuner Race user) can add LC for any RPM.

10. BlackBird

Ian, if you add it using ATR, can you set the RPM using the AP itself, or does that have to be adjusted in the map?
  11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Needs to be set in the ATR unless they have a few tricks up their selves with the next update
  12. Kevin R

Kevin R Member

Hopefully they add it to OTS maps, it was nice having it in my STI's. You could set the launch control and flat foot shifting RPM with the AccessPort.
  13. BostonDriver

BostonDriver Member

I have the Mountune Cobb AP too, does that mean I've got launch control?
  14. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

If you have the ATR or Protuner software then yes you can set it up. If not you will have to wait for COBB OTS tunes to come with it. But yes any COBB AP will be able to use the OTS tunes.
  15. graynicolas11

graynicolas11 Active Member

Okay I got the ATR software from Cobb but im having some problems getting the LC to work. I added my stage 1 91 octane map to ATR.. then re saved it as Stage 1 91 Octane LC or something a long the lines of that. Do you have to activate or something or should it just automatically be saved from what I did. I know you have to put the car in sport mode, put clutch in, hold CC and slam throttle but all it does is rev the car so im not sure I did it right? do you have to hit the sport mode on just before you do it or can you always have it in sport mode and do it? so confused lol
  16. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Sport mode isnt technically necessary.

Clutch in, hold the upper button in the cruise control pad (I think its a "+" sign?) , press gas, revs will rise and bounce off your set limit.
  17. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

IT is the Cruise Control ON button not the plus.. If it goes past 4k let off gas you are doing something not quite right..
  18. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Not on mine, "on" is the center button, you push the top "set +" button
  19. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I think it's different with the ATR vs the OTS maps. I'm back to using OTS maps and it doesn't work at all for me.
  20. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I have a Hard LC set in my Tune from Randy at 3500 rpm so I just roll up to it and it bounces off the limiter but when the V103 maps came out I played with it and needed to push and hold the ON button for it to catch and if I recall it was hard to the floor with the gas rolling into it did not work for me just went on past ..
    Let me reload a OTS map and go try it ..

Ok went out loaded the OTS COBB Stg3 93 Oct map V103 and Launch Control for me and my set up is Cruise Control ON button pushed clutch in car running and put the pedal to the floor FAST the rev limiter should catch by 4500 and roll back to 4000 rpm if not something is wrong but you need to be HOLDING the CC On button till you let out the clutch and launch or AFTER you let off the gas pedal.. at least on my set up.. and a FYI it has NO boost at all where as my hard launch set by the ATR or a Protuner, builds about 5 lbs of boost when pedal is too the floor and revs are held at whatever you have them set to via the ATR or your tuner ..
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  21. BlackBird

I have a hard LC as well, on a custom tune from Randy @ Mountune. Set to 4k RPM, it builds about 5.5psi, and will definitely kick you deep into the seat on launch. It's simpler than holding the CC-On button, honestly, though I understand why COBB does it that way.
    RodMoe likes this.