Lightest wheel in 16x7 4x108 42et that isnt a bizillion dollars...?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Mister_Mino, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

OZ Ultraleggera the lightest 16x7 or is there something else comparable? I can't use it if its not a 16x7, 4x108, and a 42et as this is for autox so redrilling isn't an option and I know how to use tire rack so those options have already been explored...

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. FORZDA 2

FORZDA 2 Member

4. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

too heavy, but yes. the OZs are 14.6, two lbs less than TD wheels...

5. FORZDA 2

FORZDA 2 Member

Well the OZs are only $227 each from TireRack. That is certainly not even close to a "bizillion" dollars, so why not buy them? I have the 17x17s for the street and will lilkely pick up a set of the 16x7s for autocross rubber.

SpaceFish likes this.
  6. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

The plan is to get the OZs, just checking to see if anyone has sourced something else lighter for a comparable price... :)

By bizillion, I mean $2500 forged wheels...

7. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

What's your budget, I've got a set of Motegi Traklites on my sons car in a 16x7 that apparently weight about 12.5lbs each. I knew they were light but I was surprised by that.

Good looking wheels too but I think we may change the color,
    [​IMG]

8. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

At least on Motegi's web site, 16s are not an option. What are the back spacing on them? Any source to purchase?

9. Steve@Tasca

Maybe they don't make them in our size any longer, these came with the car but are only a couple years old.

10. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

Interested in selling them?

11. PCA-1

PCA-1 Active Member

For auto-x, 15's make even more sense. The OZ is an ultra lightweight wheel. It costs $188 per set more than the Pro Race 1.2. Apples to oranges.

These are 15x8/4x108/35mm offset Pro Race 1.2 wheels w/205/50/15 Dunlop Direzza ZII's. 15.5lbs, $167 each/$668 per set + shipping.

[​IMG]

Steve@Tasca likes this.
  12. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

While I could go to 15's, they would put me in STX. Which wouldn't make any sense for the Fiesta since we can't fit anything bigger than 225...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  13. PCA-1

PCA-1 Active Member

Understood. I thought the tire width was "up to" 265 wide. Rules change then I guess...

14. PCA-1

PCA-1 Active Member

I checked the STX class rules for tires and it says "up to" 265mm width.

[​IMG]

Just trying to be helpful, irregardless of any interest in Team Dynamics wheels.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  15. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

255 or 265, it's not going to happen. lol

16. PCA-1

PCA-1 Active Member

Just pointing out 265mm is the max allowable width. You can use anything less.

17. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

But you can only plus or minus the wheels by 1" in Street class. -2" would put you in STX as Mister_Mino stated.

18. PCA-1

PCA-1 Active Member

My posts following Mister_Mino's quoted post are discussing STX. I apologize if I have caused any confusion.

19. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Understood. I believe he wants to stay in Street (formerly Stock) class, which is why he was asking for 16" wheels.

13.4 WHEELS Any type wheel may be used provided it complies with the following:
    A. It is the same width as standard and as installed it does not have an offset more than ±¼” (±6.35mm) from a standard wheel for the car. The resultant change in track dimensions is allowed.
    B. Wheel (rim) diameter may be increased or decreased 1” from the standard part​

20. PCA-1

PCA-1 Active Member

21. Steve@Tasca

Pretty sure my son is quite attached to them, sorry.