Lightest wheel in 16x7 4x108 42et that isnt a bizillion dollars...?

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by Mister_Mino, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

That looks amazing!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I kinda like it too :)

4. eRic

eRic Active Member

has anyone purchased TRMotorsport FF10 wheels from the Tire Rack? 17x7 +42mm weigh 14.65 lbs for $139 each.

[​IMG]

5. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Wow, that's super light for a 17" wheel! Curious about the note that says it can't use a center cap on the rear axle?

6. Removed

Removed Guest

Yeah, that would be a no-go for me. The OZ mountune wheels cost a bazillion dollars but so far I haven't seen any that have beat the weight (<14lbs each).

7. Steve@Tasca

I have that issue with my Rotas, I could get the rear caps to barely stay on but they never fit right due to the hub being too tight a fit in the wheel center bore.

Painted the hub centers and dust caps satin black and called it a day.

-Steve

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  8. PCA-1

PCA-1 Active Member

When Tirerack clearances a wheel after a mere few months on the market, it begs to question why. As well, Tirerack does not list how the wheels were manufactured. 17x7/14.65 lbs for $139 or $169 is too good to be true.

Check out the detail of the rim where the spoke meets it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  9. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I am still hoping that enkei makes the RPF1 in our size...please.

Until there is an equivalent to that I am going with the Sparco's..1 or so pounds of wheel weight...while important...has never proven to bet that much different in any tests I have seen in Grass Roots Motorsports or other like publications. Wheel width and tire profile seemed to be more important....for instance, pinching a tire that is way to big for a wheel on may not be as good as the contact patch is affected.

10. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

I'm not sure how relevant but I was expecting a wash in fuel economy running 15lbs 15" Sparco Drift winter wheels with a higher rolling resistance of winter tires but my highway mpg actually jumped from mid 35s with the lead stockers to a displayed 38.7! Of course miles are up to 6600 so the car is showing benefits of being broken in...

Still trying to source something lighter than the 16x7 OZs...

11. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Rota Slipstreams are 14.2 pounds (6.4 kilos) in 16x7 4x108. I have a set that I am using for my snows.:)

12. Mister_Mino

Mister_Mino Member

I deleted my email from Wheeldude but I think the slip only comes in a 40, which is too much for Street Class. 41.15 is the max we can run...

13. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

14. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Id bet those things are butter soft.

15. Pedro

Pedro Active Member

I just got some 16x7 Rota Slipstreams et40, 4x108, and they weigh 14.3lbs on the bathroom scale. I got them off ebay for $600 I like them a lot and even got on the dii star specs on 225/45/16 and no rubbing :)

[​IMG]

Firesail and Steve@Tasca like this.
  16. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

PCA-1 you know how much the 16x7 pro race 1.2 weigh.? Can't wait for mine to come in...

17. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

I also have a set of those on order in the same size. I think they weight 16lbs.

18. PCA-1

PCA-1 Active Member

Hi,

The stock listed weight for the 16x7 Pro Race 1.2 is 16.7lbs.

19. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

20. Steve@Tasca

Love the Slips, I want a set in 16" for my SVT in the worst way.

-Steve

21. Slowclimb

Slowclimb Active Member

I like the amount of tire that the 225 45s show...can't wait till April to get my TDs and Dunlops