Login issue

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mayhem, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I am finding that pretty often this site doesn't seem to want to let me login.

I enter my details and it just reloads the page, yet I am still not logged in and unable to post.

So far, I find that I have to reset my entire system before it allows me to post. (Sometimes, if I just use the in private browsing feature it lets me in, sometimes not.)

Am I being blocked by the site itself for some reason?

Don't have this sort of issue with any other website.

Feeling a little unwelcome. :shifty: It's because I'm Canadian isn't it. Or because I ordered Green Envy. And you are envious..

Jokes aside, anything in particular that might be causing this?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Do you allow cookies for this site?
    Three add-ons that might interfere are Ghostery, AdBlocker, and NoScript. If you're using one or all, disable it on this site.

4. ziggyst

ziggyst Member

definitely because you ordered green envy :p

5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I am having a similar problem.
    At first I was unable to even view this site but I now seem to have that resolved.
    I seem to now be able to log in however I can not post.
    The post text box comes up but I can not enter anything into it.

Dave

6. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Well I am back to not being able to view this site from any of the computers on my homework.

I thought we had it fixed last night (it did work for a while).

My ISP and others have looked but can't find anything wrong.

All though the mobile version sux, I can use my phone.

Dave

7. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I couldn't load mobile or hard wired pc from home for the last day or so...

8. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Did you turn off the Wi-Fi on your phone so you are using the phone net?
    See if that makes a difference.

Dave

9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I'll give that a try when I get home as of now I'm mobile.. And it's working... Weird

10. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Yeah, I don't have anything blocking the site from my computer that I can see.. I've disabled everything and checked... And still can only load this site using "inprivate" browsers.

I don't entirely know what the "inprivate" browser changes vs using the standard browser. I haven't read up on it.

I may be overlooking a setting somewhere though? I just find it weird, I haven't experienced this with any other website period. And I haven't changed anything whatsoever since it started happening.

RodMoe likes this.
  11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Response Error.

Technical description:
    502 Bad Gateway - Response Error, a bad response was received from another proxy server or the destination origin server.

Just got this on 4g mobile

12. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

I've never had a problem even from day 1 and I was one of the first 10 or 15 members. I use Chrome and have had the Adblock extension installed ever since I've been here. I leave it logged in and have Chrome save my credentials since I'm the only one that ever uses my computer. Only time I ever have to login is if I clear my cookies/cache/history/etc.

Stop using IE and switch to Chrome. Even if it doesn't solve the problem, it's a better browser. :)

13. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

iOS not understand this explorer you speak of ... Lol I have only seen this prob in the last week or two

14. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I don't use chrome, don't want to. Same problem with or without my security features enabled.

I think it's only been a problem for me the past two weeks-ish as well.

I haven't done anything differently to my system in that time which is why I wondered if it was server side or if I was getting mistaken as a bot or something?

Completely resetting my router does the trick, completely shutting down my system "sometimes" does the trick. And InPrivate browsing also sometimes, but less often does the trick..

None of these 3 things has any direct effect in the way of changing my cookies/firewall/security settings. But the InPrivate browser does "store cookies for the website to make it work right" until you close the browser at which point they are discarded until the next time you access that site.

Not sure what impact a router reset, or computer reboot has on cookies/etc... Only tried it, because it has resolved other unrelated issues in the past.

Also got suspicious of it being a bot blocking feature server side... When changing my IP temporarily fixed my problems.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  15. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Tried Chrome this morning and it still would not go from home (cable) tried mobile it didn't work via WiFi but did over 4g .. Will try the router reset later as my nap time is neigh ...

16. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

Try clearing your cookies and cache. I find every now and then that something just stops and refuses to work and a simple fix is to clear those files.

17. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

will try that though I had to use the laptop and our mobile access we use for traveling to get on this site ... very irritating ... :mad::hungover:

Well I deleted everything and rebooted the router the modem the pc heck I even tried to reboot the cat .. (I failed) still not working on Charter dot net cable system ...hmmmmm

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  18. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

Thanks RodMoe for pointing me toward this thread. If it's something on our end, we'll be sure to do our best to troubleshoot it.

RodMoe likes this.
  19. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I still can NOT post using Internet Explorer.
    However I CAN post using Chrome.

I HATE Chrome.

Dave

20. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

ie is working at the moment hehe
    Yup spoke to soon back on my phone here again as right after I posted I got booted on my cable internet but Safari is working ... Full moon was last week hmmmmm

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  21. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

OK, I just want to clarify some things:

All of you experiencing trouble, you can view the site and see all the posts, correct?

You just can't seem to login to post, or stay logged in, correct?