Login issue

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mayhem, Oct 21, 2013.

1. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

OK, we've updated a few things. I will continue to monitor this thread. If anyone continues to have connection errors, please let me know.

If you are having problems staying logged in, that is something more than likely on your end. Please message me and I can help you work through the issue.

Thanks

RodMoe likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Thank you for your response, as I DID think you cared.

I did however send a PM on the Faction when this problem first started.
    I sent it on the Faction because I could not get on this site and thought you should know.
    You can see that I have gone to great lengths to prove that these issues were not on my end first.

You bang your head for the same reason that I do.
    I too own and maintain a forum for an obsolete Ford.
    I, however am NOT compensated at all, so I do know how much it does cost to run in TIME as well.

Now I will apologize for some comments I made and assure you that they were made solely out of frustration and yes, to get your attention.

As I said, I do like this site, if I didn't, I wouldn't be here.
    As a matter of fact, I promote this and your other sites to everyone I meet with a Fiesta or Focus.
    As many of your sponsors can attest, I have always informed them where I have heard about their products and will continue to do so.

Thank you for acknowledging this issue.
    Any information I and I am sure others can provide we would happy to do so.
    In addition any help you need, if I can, just ask.

Maybe I was just extra frustrated because a neighbor complained about the noise I made making parts for my car.
    Maybe it is because it is raining and can't work on my car.

Dave

4. WRC Fan

Dave, I totally understand the frustration when things aren't working right. I appreciate your support of the site(s) and will continue to do my best to keep things running smoothly.

Hope the rain stops soon. ;)

5. Removed

Removed Guest

Things seem to be working much better, 10 mins. in and no timeouts. Whatever you did helped.

6. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Still locking up on me. At work and at home, both. One browser is Firefox and the other is Safari.

If fact, it's doing it right now (18:45 Pacific time). I'll have to wait awhile to be able to post this...

7. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Mine did this last night about the same time 8:45 CST or 20:45 if you want 24hr time lol before that it had been good for a few weeks. Also it asked for a new certificate for windoze 7 and iE7..

Ok spoke too soon it failed to load page right after posting this I backed out and came back a 1/2 hr later and posted again .. WEIRD.. time was about 8:15 ish am CST

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  8. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

It still has been unavailable for me until just now.
    I don't know how long it will last.

Dave

9. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Well it lasted for about 30 minutes.
    So it is back to using the phone.
    The phone wouldn't be too bad, however the mobile version of this site is hard to use but at least I can see it.

Dave

10. WRC Fan

When you are having the problem on your computer, is the site accessible via phone at that same time?

Also, when you are using the phone, are you using the Tapatalk app?

11. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems to work on the phone all the time.
    AT&T said it is because the phone network is set up different, it pushes and does not time out as fast as a computer.

No, I don't use Tapatalk.

And it is working on my computer again now.
    What I can't figure is why it comes and goes.

Dave

12. WRC Fan

Thank you for the additional information. Maybe I can track down some tips to help you out.

Also, if you haven't already, you may want to give Tapatalk a try. I personally find it's a great way to view the site via mobile.

13. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

I've never had any issues with Tapatalk, recently...

14. Removed

Removed Guest

I still think Tapatalk is the worst thing ever made. I can't stand the popups I get on almost every forum now nagging me to go download the app.

Firesail likes this.
  15. jariten

jariten Member

I love the app, but I completely agree that the pop-ups are annoying. I don't want to add the whole forum to the app if I'm just looking at a single post on a browser.

16. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I,too do not care for Tapatalk.
    I also can't understand why I need to subscribe to another site just to see this one.
    I try not to put my info on too many sites.

I have a Windows phone and it usually works just fine on most sites.
    The phone even worked perfect on FiestaFaction until that site was upgraded.
    Now I have to switch to the mobile mode to post anything, it seems that site doesn't like my virtual keyboard but I can get around that.

This site on the phone you can only see the main topics and not the current thread.

Dave

17. WRC Fan

If you have timeout issues, or periods where you can't access the site from, please post here. Only if you are experiencing them AFTER the timestamp of this post though.

We've made some changes, but want to see if they are working 100%.

18. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Just this morning, I was within minutes of posting here that I hadn't had any problems for a long time, and then this popped up!
    [​IMG]

19. WRC Fan

There will be occasions when the site doesn't respond, for a variety of reasons. If you keep getting that error though, please let me know.

20. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I am now having problems again.
    The site is very slow and acts funny when I try to post.
    I can not use my phone at all to post a reply.
    I can not get on to FiestaFaction.com by any means.

Dave

21. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

OK, now at work and the phone is working normally again.

Dave