Login issue

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mayhem, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

I am getting the incorrect password message. I can't login from my pc (Firefox), or Android phone using Chrome or tapatalk. I am writing this from my Android tablet (chrome) that shows as still logged in from a previous session. I think this started for me late yesterday afternoon.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. WRC Fan

WRC Fan Administrator Staff Member

Our hosting company was doing some upgrades last night and something obviously went wrong. I'm having the same login issue.

I have them working on correcting the problem.
  4. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

I was able to reset my password properly, but yeah, I was getting the same problem on Tapatalk.
  5. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

I think I was on when their maintenance started. All non-cached pages were unavailable for about 15 minutes. We didn't get a maintenance notice, just an auth error 530.

My Mac/FireFox browser resumed without issue, but it looks like our Tapatalk users had to reset their passwords. That happened to me too and didn't recover on its own.
  6. Cligedy

Cligedy Active Member

Seems to be running normally for me now. Thanks all
  7. WRC Fan

Hopefully everything should be back to normal. It was a combination of things. A non-sanctioned upgrade went slightly awry. :p
  8. WRC Fan

My Tapatalk recovered after the mixup was fixed. Although before that, I had to reset one of my accounts. I think it just depends on what time someone tried to login. I think going forward, everything should be fine.

I won't go into the server-side details of what happened. But, an incorrect version of a piece of software was accidentally put into the mix.
  9. WRC Fan

But, for those reading this that cannot login. Please click the "Forgot Your Password?" link (which is right above the Login button), follow the instructions and that should fix your issue.

We apologize for the issue.
  10. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Yes, totally understandable! You've been very responsive, and the feedback is just to confirm the issue and hopefully avoid the same class of problem in the future. :)
  11. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

So it wasn't just me then. I was going nuts trying to figure it out checking to see if any of my other accounts online were compromised because I was getting an incorrect PW message... And the last time that happened to me, I had an account compromised. (Although why on earth someone would bother hacking my forum pw was a confusing idea altogether.)

I didn't get any of the password retrieval emails, but my pw worked today so... *shrug*.