Look what the Exhaust Fairy brought

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by STDaddy, Mar 5, 2014.

1. STDaddy

STDaddy New Member

My ST is less than two weeks old. First mod is an exhaust. I went with Milltek. Greg was fantastic to deal with. Will post pictures of the install and audio impact in the next couple of days.

Attached Files:

BlueBomber likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I'm interested to hear how it sounds. I want power, but don't want to attract unneeded attention or get drone headaches on long drives.

4. STDaddy

STDaddy New Member

Without a downpipe and tune, I'm not expecting night and day differences in power. Anyone in Northern California wanting to hear how it sounds is welcome to contact me for a get together.

5. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

Would a catted downpipe and a tune add much more noise?

6. STDaddy

STDaddy New Member

Virtually none, I expect. Fairly significant increase power though :D. Of course the cost of those two additions is more than the cat back exhaust.

7. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

I already have the Cobb AP.

8. STDaddy

STDaddy New Member

Wow, you're set! For performance, the down pipe has to be the most bang for the buck. Many (most) will work with stock, quiet exhaust systems.

9. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

I'm in SF Area. Going to Sonoma Raceway this weekend for autocross. You should come with the FiST.

10. STDaddy

STDaddy New Member

I will be in Marin/Sonoma Saturday. I'll try to come by.

11. MLKN

MLKN Active Member

Sign up with trackmasters-racing $75 for the day. In the large back paddock. I have a stock tux black.

12. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Wow, you used the downpipe without a tune and are not getting a CEL?

Also, from what Ken at Mountune has said before, upgrading the car without a tune is less effective since the car's ECU is set to start limiting power if you exceed a certain output level. Interested to see how this pans out.

13. STDaddy

STDaddy New Member

Started installing this evening. It's super easy. Unfortunately, my cut off saw needs a new blade and I could only make one cut on the old exhaust to get it out. From where I first photo 1.JPG cut, it needed two (regardless of how I tried twisting and turning). Getting a new blade tomorrow and will finish. If I would have had a blade, I could have installed in about a half hour.

14. wash

wash Active Member

Where was your first cut?

Also are your rear wheels hanging free or are you on ramps?

If ramps, you could try jack stands under the side jacking points and then the twist beam will pivot down a little more.

15. STDaddy

STDaddy New Member

Great tip! The car is on a lift so the wheels are not hanging at all. I'll have a new disk today so the old system will be in three pieces....

FaST likes this.
  16. meFiSTo

meFiSTo Active Member

Is that lift in your garage? Not that I'd ever realistically have a justification for a lift at home, but wow, that's a nice perk for the extended man cave.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  17. STDaddy

STDaddy New Member

Yes, I have a four post lift in the garage. Makes working on cars nice. Also, adds a "parking space" to my garage most of the time.