MBRP Exhaust

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by mrtn, Jul 29, 2014.

1. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

Loud! No muffler, just a resonator.

4. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

True. But probably not much different than those who have done the rear muffler delete. But it is 3"... Probably drones a bit.

5. Cesso

Cesso Member

I like that this is 3" and comes in T304 stainless. I'd add a high flow muffler in the back to quiet it a bit, but this looks like the ideal exhaust setup.

6. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

I think they have replaced the resonator area with a muffler. So really, it's just another un-resonated system. Their FoST exhaust got some really great reviews.

7. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

That's what I was thinking when I saw it. Sound clip is apparently due to come out Friday or Monday.

8. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

9. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

*Sorry, unofficial sound clip

10. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

11. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

COBB all the way....price may seem high, but look at what your getting. Not only the sound ( oh-la-la ! ) , but quality as well. My local exhaust shop was going ga-ga over the flanged joints ( not clamped like some less expensive alternates ) and the welds :D

djdennehy likes this.
  12. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

All very good points... Suppose they are 2 different beasts. MBRP is high quality and a 3", but still lighter than stock apparently. They initially went with 2.5" but changed it to 3"...
    Cobb is 2.5 high quality but 1lb heavier than stock. But that sooooooouuuuuund.... So good.
    Mountune? *crickets*

13. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

I like it, but don't love it. It could be the quality of the recording. It sounds a little like an Abarth now ( a good thing). Price is pretty much unbeatable through Horsepower Direct. It would be almost $300 cheaper to your door than Cobb. Even cheaper than FS Werks by a bit.

MBRP have a history of making really high quality exhaust at a great price point. I've seen and admired the Cobb unit and it's really pretty but how often do people look under your car at your exhaust? I really like the straight cut angle tips. I can't tell if the MBRP tips are rolled or beveled like the Mountune ones.

Yeah, that sound from the Cobb... I'm a little worried about highway drone from the MBRP unit....

And yet another thread that we bring up Mountune..

14. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Good quality and Warranty approved... Can't help but wonder.

15. Cesso

Cesso Member

Well that settles it, I'm getting this exhaust. Sounds great, looks great, 3" pipe, and a great price.

djdennehy and k757 like this.
  16. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

I wonder about your patience :rolleyes: heheh ! :thumbsup:

17. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

It's pretty thin... I placed a pre order on the MBRP. Canadian made! But it was based on incorrect pricing given to me... So I may cancel it. Only thing that would really make me cancel right away is a certain clip from a certain company about a certain exhaust...

iLiptiKal likes this.
  18. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Who'd you order from?

19. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Horsepower Direct. Great service, but that exhaust isn't for me so I cancelled.

20. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Really? How did they quote you wrong?