MBRP Exhaust

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by mrtn, Jul 29, 2014.

1. ghostwhite

ghostwhite Active Member

Code is HPDMBRPFIST

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Canadians:

I found Limitless Motorsports in Ontario have the MBRP exhausts. Enquired about their prices and shipping to BC:

S4202304 - 304 Stainless Steel Cat-back Exhaust System - $699 Canadian + tax + $50 shipping
    S4202409 - 409 Stainless Steel Cat-back Exhaust System - $559 Canadian + tax + $50 shipping
    S4202AL - Aluminized Steel Cat-back Exhaust System - $479 Canadian + tax + $50 shipping

Looking at horsepowerdirect's website, even after the promo price, going through Limitless is the cheaper way (pretty sure - correct me if I'm wrong), as you avoid import tax.

T304 = $587.44 USD + shipping/duty ($641.25 CAD + shipping/duty)
    T409 = $ 473.74 USD + shipping/duty ($517.63 CAD + shipping/duty)
    Aluminized = $402.68 USD + shipping/duty ($439.96 CAD + shipping/duty)

4. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Since MBRP is in Canada HP direct can have it drop shipped. Which means it's sent from MBRP directly so you can avoid duties etc. I ordered the 304 system and it came to $675CAD before tax and it was free shipping. So it's a bit cheaper than limitless. But I cancelled my order so it's all irrelevant.
    Limitless would be cheaper if HP direct has the systems in the US already and has to ship from their wear house instead.

5. uglydogrally

uglydogrally New Member

6. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Apparently Horsepower Direct are having a blowout sale on all MBRP products: Wholesale prices + free shipping, listed on their Facebook page. I'm going to PM them about the Fiesta ST exhausts.

7. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Let us know how much, but I would assume about 5% off. I was all over getting a new exhaust but I may try the rear muffler delete first. Sounds pretty decent.

And if I don't like it it's already cut to put a system on.

8. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Any videos with in car sound? I assume the highway drone wouldn't be that bad with the resonator still intact.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  9. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Not my car. But the guy is apparently going to do a few more videos.

10. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

That's why I assumed. You're still hopelessly waiting for Mountune's :)

This might be a good short term solution.

11. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Bingo. If it's not too expensive. This guy paid $240 after tax. For the pipe and the tips and labour.

Slowly giving up on Mountune because they have been so quiet on the exhaust.

12. ISO100

ISO100 Member

MBRP Exhaust on 2014 Fiesta ST:

k757 likes this.
  13. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Yeah, I'm coming around to the MBRP exhaust. The promo videos they did don't give a great feel for how it actually sounds. It's still a little loud under partial load and when you get on it. The HPD promo puts the t304 at $559. Pretty tempting if they still have the free drop ship for Canadians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

$559 is a good price for 304 but I think the MBRP is still a little to 'fart can' to me.

15. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

I actually don't love the sound in this video. Hm.

And HPD never reply to my Facebook messages. This is the second one they've ignored. Thanks for posting the discount, timboslice

16. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Try this one:

It's still a little farty and ricey for me but it's not as bad as I originally thought.

17. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Then go listen to the Cobb clips and go back to feeling empty inside...

TapTapPull likes this.
  18. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Ahh yesss

19. ISO100

ISO100 Member

Keep in mind that mine was recorded from 2 feet above.

k757 and TapTapPull like this.
  20. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Which will certainly change the sound - youtube videos are a real sliding measuring stick, I know what you mean, man. Obviously we all would need to hear it in person to pass a proper judgement. Hard to buy "sound unheard."

21. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

That sounds pretty mean!