MBRP Exhaust

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by mrtn, Jul 29, 2014.

1. ISO100

ISO100 Member

What downpipe are you running? The MBRP exhaust has a 2.25" inlet. I am going to request a replacement front section with a 3" inlet. Maybe they'll make it.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Soldjeepforst

Soldjeepforst Member

I have the Cobb downpipe and works perfectly with the exhaust
  4. no-pistons

no-pistons Member

The proper method when welding SS tubing is to back purge, especially if it's a butt joint. With that said, I did not do it. The Magnaflow muffler provides a slip fitting of the tubing, so with a lap joint and welding quickly, back purging was not as critical I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. no-pistons

no-pistons Member

On a another note, I temporary disconnected my sound symposer and found that the interior drone was reduced. So if you have a loud ass exhaust you don't really need that thing anymore haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

I will agree with you, back purging probably isnt nessesary on a lap joint on an exhaust system. If you did, i was just going to ask your method of purging. I need to get a double regulator for such tasks.
  7. Soldjeepforst

Soldjeepforst Member

I just bought my silver plus go. Pro so now I can finally make a stage 3 Canyon video so everyone can see what to expect as they upgrade. I'll be using 91 California Gas with the ots map and hopefully get some good exhaust clips, launch control and flat foot shifting. And of course a tunnel blast at wide open throttle.
  8. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Stop teasing... just post the videos already. :cool:
  9. Soldjeepforst

Soldjeepforst Member

I need to get some good editing software but I'm not to sure what to buy yet. Oh I also have the boomba bov adapter which I personally love. Some say well nice 90s turbo sound but at stage 3 with my setup it really does sound nice and everyone looks to see what the commosion was. People can decide if they want to pull the plug on that.
  10. Soldjeepforst

Soldjeepforst Member

I just got the go pro and did a 0 to 90 wot pull to test it out. Here's the video
  11. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Go Pro really needs to work on their sound. They just suck at sound. Keep on making videos!
  12. Soldjeepforst

Soldjeepforst Member

Oh actually thats operator error. I had the waterproof case on not the open one. Next time ill do the same video but 20 degrees cooler and ffs out of first with the open case. I was in the process of making the video for the curvy roads up ahead but cops kept coming out of nowhere. Literally its in the middle of nowhere.
  13. Mightymango

Mightymango Active Member

I just got the MBRP exhaust installed. Went with the 304, got it from Spooling Tuning which had free shipping, it actually was shipped by Cjponyparts (which if you go through there charges shipping)

I like the tone, it is loud though so if you want quiet....nope. The "drone" comes in around 2300-3400 but at cruise on the freeway it actually is pretty tame. Should do the job for me on course.
  14. justinsane

justinsane New Member

I have the T409 MBRP and a CP-E 3" catless downpipe, thing is loud especially on cold starts.
    The resonator is pretty big on the MBRP so totally agree with Mightymango about it being tame on the highway.
    I get backfire on hard acceleration shifts (cobb V1 tune) but I think that's more to do with being catless
    When I first got the exhaust there was a noticeable increase in vibration but perhaps I'm getting used to it or the hangers broke in a bit but it's much more livable now.
    I'm still tempted to get a rear muffler welded in though, not a fan of waking up the neighbours in the morning.
  15. Soldjeepforst

Soldjeepforst Member

16. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

Check out my post here, if you are thinking of adding a rear muffler (Post 63):

94.9 decibels at 4500 RPM.... just making the CA legal limit.