Mishimoto J line intercooler.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by Biff, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Biff

Biff New Member

20140606_130335.jpg It's big. The core measures 22'x7.2'x3.75'. This is the absolute biggest intercooler that will fit in that space.
    I know what you are thinking. More turbo lag, right. Not at all. You'll think I'm lying but I swear it spools quicker.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. amathophobia

amathophobia Member

Good size, good company, good price. I guess that = good stuff. What piping did you use?

4. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

What's the part number for the core? I am a Mishimoto dealer at work lol

5. amathophobia

amathophobia Member

Mishimoto's website says model MMINT-UJ.

6. myrightfoot

myrightfoot New Member

Wow, nice find!
    What's your IAT looking like?

7. Biff

Biff New Member

Almost the same as the charge temp.

8. myrightfoot

myrightfoot New Member

ok, what's the ambient temp and how much above ambient are you getting on say a 3rd to 4th gear pull?
    are you driving the car hard or are you just cruising around?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  9. Biff

Biff New Member

The harder I drive the lower the charge temp gets. I'm not trying to sell anyone on this set up. Mishimoto tested this intercooler on a 500+hp genesis coup. It is way more than this car will ever need. The whole install cost me about $350.00. It is way bigger than any bolt on and about half the money. I did have to cut some plastic.

Attached Files:

envyist likes this.
  10. Biff

Biff New Member

The check engine light is on cause I have the atp down pipe.

11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

P0420 code ??

12. Biff

Biff New Member

That's the one

13. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Ya I had to shut it off and I have a sport catted down pipe .. it can be turned off via a tuner or the ATR COBB software since i did not want to run a defouler.

14. myrightfoot

myrightfoot New Member

No, worries bud. I'm was trying to get some info before I take the plunge to buy one.:thumbsup:
    do you have anymore pic's of your install?
    Thanks Biff.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  15. amathophobia

amathophobia Member

@Biff how much plastic did you have to cut off to make it fit?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

16. Biff

Biff New Member

Just a bit. I didn't take pics as I was doing it cause it was 500 degrees out and I was sweating to death. The attached pic is the best I can do without jacking the car up.

Attached Files:

amathophobia likes this.
  17. ryst

ryst Active Member

18. Biff

Biff New Member

You have to buy a few extra parts to make it work. Got mine from Summit racing.

19. ryst

ryst Active Member

Yeah I figured. Can you post what else you bought to attach it? Did you attach it to the stock tubing? I think someone asked earlier in the thread about it too.

Also my thanks always goes out to everyone who does something first. You are the brave souls that make modding out cars much easier ;)

myrightfoot likes this.
  20. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I picked up a Mishimoto aluminum radiator for my Mustang and have been very impressed with it so far. I would not rule out going with one of their intercoolers for the ST.

21. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

I have used Mishimoto radiators in several hard core, big bucks, race cars I have built and on several street/track cars, always worked flawlessly, never a problem. I wish I could of found one for the highly modded street vette I built, I ended up with a custom Ron Davis at $950!