Mishimoto J line intercooler.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by Biff, Jun 6, 2014.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

Nice work! What parts did you need from Summit to get it bolted up? I'd like to add this to the aftermarket master thread.

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Biff

Biff New Member

2 x 2.5 silicone couplers. 2 cast aluminum 90's. 4 hose clamps. And you have to fab a mount. That's how I did it.

4. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

5. myrightfoot

myrightfoot New Member

6. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

The "direct bolt on" cooler below (the black one) is 4" thick at the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

No doubt, both these coolers likely require a bit of "love" to fit. But $800+ vs $250-$350 is worth it to me :)

Golfguy11800 likes this.
  8. myrightfoot

myrightfoot New Member

+1

9. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

You will need an UE, etc, bumper beam to fit that IC, there is no space with the US design unless you flip it backwards possibly which may be a good idea.

But, you then have a big section behind the beam and blocking the cars tiny radiator, does not seem such a great way to go unless taking steps to make it see more airflow, bigger radiator, etc....

envyist likes this.
  10. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

The euro front bumper is diff than ours?

11. BlackBird

BlackBird Active Member Staff Member

There are a bunch of different intercoolers for our cars listed over in the parts thread.

12. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

If you look closely at the picture of the one that is really tall and over the front bumper you can tell, if your cover is off more easily, the bumper is quite different. There hardly any space between our bumper beam and the cover, the EU, etc, ones look relatively flat and further back.

13. ElectroShock

ElectroShock New Member

@Biff, can you post a wide open throttle log from your AP? I am curious to see the full picture.

Thanks!

14. ted lorendo

ted lorendo Member

Yeah I agree with everyone here. The mishis are awesome products. Torture tested and lifetime warranty no questilns asked. Had A mishimoto radiator on my 400whp sti...no cooling issues whatsoever.

15. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

16. ryst

ryst Active Member

17. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Not yet... figuring out what mishimoto PN's to use for that but am planning on adding it.

From the other thread on this:
    RAAM Audio:
    Two silicone elbows, two short pipe sections, two silicone couplers, and enough clamps.

Or, two hard elbows, two couplers, and enough clamps.

One member bent some aluminum to hang over the bumper beam to bolt it to.

I welded mounts on the beam and flipped it upside down.

Also a very good idea to get some ABS sheet and seal it off really well so all the air, or at least most of it, that comes into the IC grill goes through the IC and not around it.

Sekred:
    lso 2x2" joiners for the elbows to the OEM hoses or you could weld aluminium elbows directly to the IC in/out and connect directly to the OEM hoses.

Either way though, $260 is impossibly cheap, and that's the correct, normal price for it - and it's the largest core.

18. ryst

ryst Active Member

Ahh cool. Well if you can add all the parts for connecting it to the factory tubing as a quick drop down, all that would be left is mounting it! I agree it's a killer deal as far as ICs go.

19. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

I added the 90* couplers and t-bolt clamps, you just need a piece of reducer pipe.

20. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

I can verify now just how well the MM J Line works.

Street, tuning runs, 70+ weather, 5200 ft elevation, Modded stock turbo, IC sealed so nearly all the air has to go through instead of around it.
    3rd gear 30MPH to 6800, 4th gear to 5800, shut off early due to traffic, top temp logged was under 80 degrees after many many runs.

Track, MMP, outer loop, fast track layout, 130MPH at the end of the main straight from 3rd to 4th to 5th gear, end of 20-25 minute sessions or going all out, same weather as above, 5,000 altitude, top temp on one run was 114 or so, mostly stayed in the 80+ range except the one long run each lap.

I was making just under 24PSI on the modded turbo, it was detuned a bit for the track as final tuning was not finished yet.

I have no doubt it will handle hot track days, not many tracks have a 7/8th mile long straight you have to pull three gears through.

21. golfhack

golfhack Member

BlueBomber, how much would it be for your shop to install? I know it says $250 on the website, but just want to make sure that this is the same.