Molten Orange paint touchup

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Detailing' started by WScottCross, Jun 6, 2014.

1. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

I couldn't find a big name touchup kit for the MO paint so I order some from Amazon that was supposed to be the right color. It was WAY off. After thinking about it, I decided to try another route:
    [​IMG]
    I found this nail polish at RiteAid for $1.99 and it's a perfect match. I dabbed it on the chips and then I used the mini squeegee to spread it over the chip. Some nail polish remover to remove the smeared stuff after it dries and I literally can't find most of the defects any more!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Mensae

Mensae New Member

There should also be a motorcraft matching touchup. I found one for my Tuxedo Black, but I suppose it might be easier to match black to black than it is any other color.

4. WScottCross

The MO is a tri-coat so most of the touch up kits are all in one or all three coats. This was the easier fix and is a perfect match for small chips.

5. level42

level42 Active Member

Would it be possible to show us a photograph of the touched up area, to see how well it blends? I have the MO and about half a dozen doosie stone chips :(

6. Mensae

Mensae New Member

Ahh I forgot about that. I probably would have done the same thing in that situation!

7. WScottCross

[​IMG]
    I literally have to look at an angle to find them any more. The repair is right above the vertical black line.

8. level42

level42 Active Member

I spoke to my part department at my local dealer, and apparently they have MO Touchup paint. Like $20 or something.

I'm thinking I'll stock up in case the colour becomes discontinued or something stupid ...

9. WScottCross

Not surprising that the nail polish didn't hold up. I ordered the touch up paint from my dealer's parts dept.