Molten Orange Stitched Shift Boot (Orders Now Open) (RedlineGoods)

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by 70sstrat08, Apr 22, 2014.

1. 70sstrat08

70sstrat08 Member

O.K. I took some time to install the proto boot.

Fit is good around the base and the hole on top seemed to be fine.
    Sorry about the harsh LED flash. As shown previously the leather looks much closer to the seats.
    [​IMG]

I think it's a bit long overall and thats the feedback I'm going to give them.

[​IMG]
    Here are some pictures of the reverse lock out. I know the stitching looks a bit askew I think it's from the boot being stretched a bit and all the slack on the bottom distorting the top.

As you can see I cheated on the opposite side since I knew this was not going to be a final installation.

[​IMG]

The reason being even with the factory boots extremely thin material it has quite a bit of the seam cut away. As shown here:

[​IMG]

I think most of the problems with the reverse lock out have been not just the added thickness of the material but the seams. That being said if you press and work the material it will fit in the reverse lock out. In addition trimming the seams may be helpful. Also if you look in my last set of pictures you can see there is a good amount of material above the end of the seams, reducing this may also be helpful. I'll show redline these pictures and see what they think and as always keep you guys posted [​IMG].

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

BTW,
    What shift Ball is that?

Dave

4. 70sstrat08

70sstrat08 Member

5. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

I have hopefully addressed all of these issues in my test fit, and the boot I have coming will have a seam that starts lower so that there will be no seam between the reverse lockout and it should therefore fit well. I also took measurements to get a proper fitting boot to avoid bunching. I will hopefully see tomorrow how well it pans out for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

70sstrat08 likes this.
  6. Flaco1

Flaco1 Member

P5100169.JPG

bryramos and RodMoe like this.
  7. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

8. Flaco1

Flaco1 Member

I like it, armrest cover next !

9. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

bryramos and Flaco1 like this.
  10. Firesail

Firesail Active Member

The armrest cover is really nice!

11. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

Yeah I'm extremely happy with it, looks OEM and should have came that way!

12. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Did you order "light grey" or "silver" stitching?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Baked Potato technology.

13. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

Silver.

14. DirtyBlueshirt

DirtyBlueshirt Active Member

Perfect, that's what I ordered.

dmondi12 likes this.
  15. The Duke

The Duke Member

Did you do extra padding on the arm rest cover? Only thing we need now is stitching on the steering wheel...

dmondi12 likes this.
  16. bryramos

bryramos Member

Lovin both of these. Is that Charcoal leather? And what size for that shift boot cover?

17. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

It's called black Nappa leather its a couple bucks extra but its worth it. I was test fitting for them so they should be updating the website with a proper 2014 ST size and writeup soon.

18. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

No I didn't get any extra padding, my arm doesn't touch the arm rest much I just hated the look of the plastic armrest.

19. wash

wash Active Member

I want a contrast stitched steering wheel cover but I think the factory door armrests will look out of place next to all that leather so we need two more things.

20. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

As stated above.
    The door arm rests are in process.

Dave

21. bryramos

bryramos Member

Can you post a pic showing part of the Recaros and the new boot cover? Looks great by the way!