Molten Orange Stitched Shift Boot (Orders Now Open) (RedlineGoods)

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by 70sstrat08, Apr 22, 2014.

1. 70sstrat08

70sstrat08 Member

The day has come! The stitching is going to be #2 they say that is the absolute most red they can have in an "orange" thread.

Instructions:

1. Order as you usually would then select any color or default thread.
    2. Write Molten Orange in the comments.
    3. Use coupon code: 984YRI83P6E for an extra 10% off.

Notes:
    You can have any modifications or extras on your shift boot and receive the color matching free and get 10% off.
    You can also get the arm rest if you wish and the above discounts will apply to both products.
    Coupon code is good for one week from 6/5 so get your orders in!

Thanks for your patience guys!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
    TapTapPull and iLiptiKal like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Order placed. I'll also order the door armrest once I hear from Dave on how that came out.

4. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

They already have the door arm rests.
    I just sent the money they needed.

I am placing my order for the boot and center arm rest now.

Dave

5. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

BTW
    What is the best leather and color to match the orange Recaro seats?

Dave

6. 70sstrat08

70sstrat08 Member

Either the standard charcoal or nappa black. I went with standard charcoal leather.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

7. WScottCross

You had mentioned that you were working with them on a denser foam for the door arm rests. Did that work out and how do we order it?

8. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

We don't know if that is possible or not at this time do to the way the arm rests are constructed.
    If a denser foam is used, we may not be able to draw the pad back into the door panel correctly.
    Mike is working on it.

[​IMG]

Dave

9. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

At this point I'm really considering the centre arm rest cover, door inserts and shift boot, but have a couple questions first.

1. I have grey Recaros, so I want white stitching not the red/orange. Should I still write molten orange in the comments section at checkout? Basically is there any discount (other than from the 10% coupon code) if I'm picking white thread?

2. Is there a photo where we can see what the leather door armrest looks like when installed? Or even a picture of how the stitching looks. I am really hoping they follow the same stitching theme as the factory seats and centre arm rest cover.

3. How labour intensive are the door inserts to install if I add them in?

I wish these surfaces were leather from factory, so it's awesome to see a great looking option from RedLine. Thanks for putting this on for the owners here.

10. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Photos on the door arm rests are not available at this time as they have not yet been completed.
    The leather and stitching you chose for the arm rests should be the same that choose for your shift boot and center arm rest.

As to how labor intensive the door arm rests will be.
    Taking them apart is not that bad.
    However about reassembly I cannot say until I receive the replacements.

Dave

iLiptiKal likes this.
  11. WScottCross

As usual, waiting for Dave to blaze the trail for the rest of us. Thanks for that Dave!

iLiptiKal likes this.
  12. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

Thank you Dave, I guess I thought the arm rests were a finalized product already.

Does this mean that the "Pleated armrest/door insert" option when ordering isn't our door arm rests?

13. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

The pleated arm rest is available for the Center Arm Rest.
    Door arm rests of any kind for our cars are not available yet.

I am only speculating here.
    But I believe the door arm rests will only be covers like the center arm rest.
    I am sure they will need to be glued in place.

I say this because of the cost of shipping (over $70.00 for me to send).
    I also don't believe they will make the complete fiberglass piece pictured above.

Again this is only my guess.
    We will just have to wait and see.

Dave

14. iLiptiKal

iLiptiKal Active Member

Ok got it. I misunderstood that completely from the website, thank you for the clarification.

I can't wait to see how yours turn out, and thank you for paving the way!

I'd be happy with fitted covers similar to the centre arm rest, but since I now realize I can't do the doors at the same time I may wait to order everything until they are made available.

Sorry to hijack. Back to Molten Orange Shift Boots

15. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Make sure you guys show pictures when you get them!

16. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

NO!

Just kidding.

Dave

17. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Ordered a boot and armrest cover. Thank you very much for your help, 70sstrat08! Thanks to RedLineGoods for their hard work, also!

18. WScottCross

Here are mine installed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The quality is awesome! The leather is just a tad lighter than the seals and the stitching is more copper than the red in the seats, but still very happy overall.

Firesail likes this.
  19. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

I too am very happy.

[​IMG]

I am still waiting on the Door Arm Rests.

Save

20. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Awesome shots, thank you both. Very excited for mine to arrive - next week, hopefully!

21. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

Where did you get the shift knob? Also, what leather option is that for the shift boot? (solid leather, nappa, etc)