Motegi MR125 & Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 205/40/17

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by RDgolfer, Aug 2, 2014.

1. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Just bought this setup from TireRack...and I can't wait to put these on and get rid of the Potenzas' and the heavy stock wheels...the road noise was unbearable because of the 20+ lbs of road force on two of the four already super road noisy stock Bridgestones...Hats off to TireRack and their focus on quality...the wheel and tire packages that you buy from them are inspected in-house on a Hunter tire/wheel balancing machine...if a tire or wheel is out of spec, a new wheel or tire replaces the out of spec tire or wheel...they do not try to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t

ISO100 and rcl4668 like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

That's the package that I put on the car. I bought the car Thursday night, and had them on Friday morning. Love 'em. The most important thing to me was easy to clean. I looked for the least number of spokes so there would be room to get my hands in between. Plus I need all seasons, as I don't want to have to run two sets of rims. I'm saving the original wheels and tires to put back on the car when it gets sold, 20 years or more from now.

RDgolfer, ISO100 and rcl4668 like this.
  4. ISO100

ISO100 Member

I have those wheels but stock tires. What tire size did you go with?

[​IMG]

Bavarian, djdennehy and rcl4668 like this.
  5. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Hope you like the tires as much as I do they are a nice all around tire though I have not run them in the snow as I have real snow tires for that but i love the AS/3's

RDgolfer likes this.
  6. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

7. ISO100

ISO100 Member

Nice song quote!

I'm thinking 215/40 will be my next size. If it's the same front and rear I can't imagine the bias will be off...

8. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Btw...Ingot Silver..was thinking about the black wheels to deal with brake dust, but I went with the matte grey...going to go with a less dusty ceramic compound brake pad when the oem's bite the dust...corny

9. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Do you mean the car may pull to one side with a wider wheel/tire setup?

10. ISO100

ISO100 Member

No. It seemed you were concerned about it pushing more (understeer) with wider tires. If they're the same width front and rear I don't think it will affect the balance.

11. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Oh, ok...I misunderstood...gotcha

12. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

20140524_164140.jpg
    View attachment 1444

This is what the Ingot Silver looks like with the Matte Gray Motegis. My choice (obviously)> I think it give a nice monochrome look to the car. They do NOT hide the brake dust. Before you put them on, take some time a put a good coat of quality wax on them, not just the spokes, but inside too. I was considering going with brake dust caps in red, or painting the brakes, but again, decided the monochrome is just right. With the Octane Academy badge, I think the choice of all gray and black looks even better.

From the back view, you can bet a better idea of what the wheels look like in person. The Tire Rack picture really show how the spokes arc out.
    i View attachment 1444 Back.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  13. rcl4668

rcl4668 Active Member

^ Zormecteon those rims are gorgeous. This just reinforces my choice for ordering the MR125. The low weight (about 16 lbs per rims) is icing on the cake. Could I ask you another favor? Is there any way you could post a close up pic of the center of the rim where the hub/lug nuts are?

14. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

Here's a picture from before I put them on the car. As you can see, they have holes for two different sizes. I've been looking, (not too hard) for some sort of cap to cover the extras, and even had my son do a cad of some plugs with FORD in relief, but have made no motions yet...

It bothered me at first, but after time I don't even notice the extra holes.

Of course I got rid of the plastic valve caps and put on chrome ones. Again, Ford logo ones might be cool, but I haven't done anything about that either.

close.jpg

rcl4668 likes this.
  15. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Good looking wheels guys. My only gripe, and its just my personal preference, is I dont like multi bolt pattern wheels. But the style of those is great!

16. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Thanks for the pics...looks good...btw, does the car feel different with the lighter wheels?

17. rcl4668

rcl4668 Active Member

Thanks also for the pic. Beautiful. Sorry to be a pain in the ass but any way you could take a picture of the rim/hub area with the rim mounted on the ST? I am also curious about how the multi bolt pattern looks mounted on the car.

18. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

While I was waiting for the car to be built, I ordered these wheels and tires. I had them sitting (in my living room) for weeks before I got the car.
    I can't tell you how the tires handle wheel..jpg differ from stock, or the effect that the lighter wheels have either. Other than driving at the Octane Academy, that is.

rcl4668 likes this.
  19. rcl4668

rcl4668 Active Member

Thanks for the picture! They look great.

20. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

Ugh those photos of the silver FiST is making me regret not trying harder to find a silver one... :(

stuntdoogie likes this.
  21. ISO100

ISO100 Member

I can feel a difference. The front wheels spin and chirp easier from a stop and driving fast on roads with bumps is more sure-footed because the suspension can keep the lighter wheels in contact with the ground better.

envyist and RDgolfer like this.