Motegi MR125 & Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 205/40/17

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Wheel and Tire Upgrades' started by RDgolfer, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Roger

Roger New Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407321542.356748.jpg
    Here are mine if you haven't seen them on Race Red in the Titanium finish.

RDgolfer and Zormecteon like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Who bought their MR125's from TireRack? If so, did they install the TPMS, or did you have to have someone install them?

4. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

I bought a set of wheels and tires from tirerack and if you purchase TPMS, they install and mount and everything. Ready to bolt on. Then you either go to the dealer for TPMS synch or buy the ford tool, Motorcraft TPMS19 for $30 and do it yourself.

5. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

That is weird...on Amazon it says it does not fit 2014 Ford Fiesta

6. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

what doesn't fit?

7. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

The Motorcraft TPMS19

8. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

Well, I can tell you 100% that it works on the Fiesta ST. :)

9. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Ok, great...done deal...back to amazon check out!

10. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

Here is what tirerack charged me for a set of TPMS sensors, etc. For me it was a deal because it saved the time and cost of doing it locally and now I have two sets of TPMS. ;)

4 315MHz Tire Pressure Sensor In Stock $32.00 $128.00
    4 Optional Black Metal Valve In Stock $4.99 $19.96

11. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

I bought all that stuff too...two TPMS sets come in handy...possible winter set up down the road

12. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

Here are the steps I used that worked successfully. It might take you a couple tries to get 1-9 right. It did for me. ahha

1. Make sure all tires are inflated to the vehicle specifications.
    2. Make sure ignition button is OFF then press and release the brake pedal.
    3. Hold the ignition button down for 2 seconds, release it, and then tap the button once. The vehicle should be OFF. Hold the ignition button down for another two seconds, release it, and then tap the button once.
    4. Hold the ignition button down for two seconds again. The vehicle should be in RUN mode, engine off.
    5. Press and release the brake pedal.
    6. Tap the ignition button once so the vehicle is OFF.
    7. Hold the ignition button down for 2 seconds, release it, and then tap the button once. The vehicle should be OFF. Hold the ignition button down for another two seconds, release it, and then tap the button once.
    8. Hold the ignition button down for two seconds again. The vehicle should be in RUN mode, engine off.
    9. The horn should sound letting you know the vehicle has entered into TPMS relearn mode.
    10. Place the top of the FORDTRIGGER on the sidewall of the driver's side front tire in the location of the valve stem.
    11. Press the button of the FORDTRIGGER tool. The vehicle's horn will sound letting you know the sensor has been learned.
    12. Once the horn sounds, move on to the passenger side front tire and repeat the process. Each tire should only take 30 seconds or less.
    13. After the passenger side front tire has been learned, continue on to the passenger side rear tire and finishing with the driver's side rear tire.
    14. You may now turn the ignition to OFF. If the horn does not sound, the sensors were learned successfully. If the horn sound twice, then the process must be repeated because there was a malfunction.

13. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Thanks for running the gauntlet first:book:...btw, are these instructions from the unit?

14. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

No I found them online somewhere.

15. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

From another forum?

16. razorlab

razorlab Active Member

I honestly don't remember, the only thing I know is that it works. :)

17. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

I will try tomorrow, and thanks in advance... but for now, :poop:Brown just dumped 4 circular mystery items at my door...they look like cardboard Oreos with a black rubber filling:)

18. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Harbor Freight...thank you...Just picked a couple of key items for the wheel change over tomorrow...Pittsburgh Pro 50-300 psi torque wrench and a Pittsburgh 3 ton low profile car jack...grand total=152 USD

19. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

Update: I was ready to switch over to the mr125's today, but had a weather delay...so I set up and bled the jack and waited for Brown:poop: to deliver the TPMS trigger...so it will be tomorrow...and I can't wait to rid the car of the Potenzas and the heavy OEM wheels and the road noise...my gods it is like driving on the rims...

20. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

So I installed the mr125 with the Michelin Pilot Sport tires..........not balanced, having a thumping sound, and a high end humming at 80mph...and btw razorlab, the TPMS instructions worked to a tee...no problems...anyone else experience sound or vibration after installing the mr125's? This is a big bummer....and the road noise sucks too!! What is a man to do???

21. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

I don;'t know if they're louder than stock but I have NO vibration or thumping at any speed to over 100 mph... you mention NOT balanced. Have them checked!