Mountune ethanol programming for the Fiesta ST

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST EcoBoost™ Tuning' started by Randy@mountune, May 19, 2014.

1. Randy@mountune

Randy@mountune Active Member

ST-in-Mich likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

Thanks again but I use Windows.
    That's OK, Randy's last answer is what I was looking for.

Will the car run OK with E30 when tuned for 91+ gas?

I am asking these questions because my car fits your needs and I am just trying to find out what I might be in for.

4. Randy@mountune

No, you need to have proper programming for the ethanol blend in question; E30 in this case. That is important!!
  5. aborbs87

aborbs87 Active Member

I'm confused, will an option to purchase just the mTune flasher be available? If not we purchase the Cobb AP through you guys, and get the Mountune Maps on that?
  6. Randy@mountune

The mTune can be purchased on its own for $500. It only contains the MP215 calibration, however. No other outside programming can be loaded onto it.
  7. aborbs87

aborbs87 Active Member

ok thanks!
  8. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

OK, there appears to be confusion (or maybe it's just me) on what is required for this program. The way I understand it, we have to purchase a Cobb v3 AccessPort from Mountune and this is the only way we can participate in this testing. Why is it that we can't use a regular AccessPort purchased elsewhere?
  9. Randy@mountune

For now, we are doing testing with our own customers just as a courtesy and thank you to them.
  10. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

OK, I understand and respect that. Thanks for clarifying!
  11. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

What if you didn't actually "buy" your AccessPORT from anyone and simply wished to purchase a calibration/tune for a Fiesta ST on 91 for an APV3?
    i'm also very interested to see what the tq output would be
  12. WestcoastST

WestcoastST Active Member

What is the octane level for e30 blends?
  13. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Randy, hope not to derail this thread... But, do you guys have a dyno at the new shop? Would like to get this car tuned by you in person (like you did w/ my old 2.3L turbo focus) once the random assembly of parts gets added to it.
  14. Kevin R

Kevin R Member

How would you have an AccessPort to put the map on if you didn't buy it from someone? Or do you mean you bought it from someone other than Mountune and would like to buy one of their maps?
  15. Randy@mountune

Yes, we have a dyno here. It's not really used for customer work, but that may change in the future. :)
  16. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Sorta like if you'd been sponsored with an AP. Got compensated by Cobb with an AP V3 for services rendered. No money exchanged hands and the item came direct from the manufacturer; therefore, did not buy from anyone.

Made things quite tricky when the first one got stolen and I needed to get a replacement. Which reminds me;
    Public Service Announcement: take your AP out of your car when parked. Homeless smash n grabbers don't know it's not a GPS or something and has literally zero value as a married device... -_-'''
    and for those wondering what happens if you get your AP with your stock backup stolen, a replacement AP can restore you to the stock ford tune with or without the backup.
  17. Kevin R

Kevin R Member

Then it shouldn't be different from anyone else wanting to buy a map from a tuner for their AP3. I'm sure there are lots of people out there who received their AP3's as gifts. It's just a matter of if the tuner is willing to sell their maps or not. If Mountune was willing to sell their MP215 map I'm sure lots of people would buy it for their AP3 even if it meant no warranty coverage.

On that note, is there a way for a tuner to 'protect' a map so they could sell it for use on an AP3 and have it only usable by the purchaser? Maybe somehow linking it to a specific AP3 serial number?
  18. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

I believe the Pro tuner has the Option to "lock down" the tune which I think means its good only for the person that paid for it .
  19. Kevin R

Kevin R Member

Ya, plus they can flash the map on even if you don't have an AccessPort unless I'm mistaken.
  20. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

You can lock the map down to either the VIN or AP serial #. My custom Cobb maps use the AP serial #, and others like 2J Racing prefer the car's VIN. They work equally well to prevent it from being used on another vehicle.
  21. sourskittle

sourskittle Member

Just to give you guys a "heads up". Even if you could BUY E30 fuel at a station, you would not really want it. E30 out of the pump is 85oct fuel mixed with E85 to make E30 that's about 93oct. Now.... If YOU MIX 93oct with E85 to make your own E30, you get somewhere around 97-100 octane E30.

Everyone follow? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk