Mountune Lowering Springs: 5-Door FiST, Available Soon!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by McRib 1s Back, Jan 17, 2014.

1. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Oh, right, that... :confused:

Ken says "real soon now" -- I'll poke him. :)

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. dmondi12

dmondi12 Active Member

Haha i think i bother him too much. I'm a pretty patient person but something about car parts...

Firesail likes this.
  4. fly2low

fly2low Member

Like I said in our PM, simply wicked!

5. Spuddy96

Spuddy96 New Member

Looks really good can't wait for Mountune to release the euro springs

6. fluz

fluz New Member

Trying to install these.. on stands and the endlink is under all sorts of tension. Best way to deal with this while taking off the front strut and putting it back?

7. D1JL

D1JL Well-Known Member

After putting the front (both sides) of your car on stands.
    Next remove the front wheels.
    Then place your jack under the strut.
    You should be able to lift the strut enough to remove the end link easily.

Dave

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  8. fluz

fluz New Member

thank you :)

9. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

So are camber bolts required for alignment using Mountune lowering springs with stock wheels and tires for street use ? Thanks in advance !

10. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

I would think that mountune would have said so if true. I haven't known them to sell anything that needed something else where they didn't say so. (for example the coolant hoses say you need new hose bands)

I have the springs in a box on the floor waiting for a chance to get to the FORD RACING dealer to get them installed, along with the RMM.

11. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

The amount of lowering is very slight and there won't be a great deal of camber change in the front suspension after installation. You can tweak the strut to spindle mount during installation to provide more or less camber. I shoot for as much negative camber as possible with MacPherson strut suspensions due to their nature of needing more static camber compared to an SLA. I think when I installed the FRPP springs on my 2011 Fiesta, which lowered more than the Mountune springs, I was able to get around -1.8ish on both sides with the stock fasteners. I run 3 degrees on my Mustang. I don't see any reason to need the camber bolts with the Mountune springs.

12. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

For those considering.......

The "instructions" sheet that came with the springs has a paragraph

ALIGNMENT SPECIFICATIONS
    Actual suspension alignment is usually set to the preference of the driver based on typical vehicle use. Standard Ford specification is the ST are a great starting point and can be fine tuned from there depending on requirements..... blah blah not setting blah blah tire wear..

and then gives a chart for front and rear camber, caster, toe in for both base Fiesta and ST models.

13. McRib 1s Back

I'm coming in late here, but can tell you that you'll see very little camber change with these springs. I'll share what I learned from my time with them on the street and a couple track events.

I gained a couple tenths of negative camber, but it more or less maintained stock geometry all around.

It does what it promises -- it lowers the car, provides similar ride quality, and gives you a very OEM feel to a set of lowering springs. If that's your goal, you found your springs!

You can easily couple this with camber bolts, but they are not in any way tied together. I'd say a set of bolts and a good bit of determination could get you a bit less than -3. Every car is different, but that was my experience. It's great for occasional track days, but aggressive for pure street use.

Zormecteon likes this.
  14. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

I had read somewhere that they were a tad softer initially so that you don't feel every little road imperfection, but as you say OEM feel with the lowered car. PERFECT. The car is just a little to tall to comfortably wash the top. Now I'll be able to more easily reach across it.

15. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Anyone with a lowered FiST have any issues with snow build-up in the wheel wells with the reduced space ?

16. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

Not with mud flap installed ;) This is one of the big reasons why I run mud flaps in the winter, it keeps snow from building up in the wheel wells.

17. McRib 1s Back

It's the least change in ride quality that I've ever felt with a set of aftermarket springs. Re-read my earlier posts -- I stand by them completely.

Any lowering will change facets of ride and handling. I think this is the best compromise available. Keep that in mind and you'll be happy!

18. Mikeygti

Mikeygti Active Member

Ordered today taking advantage of Mountunes 20% one day discount sale ! Helps to offset the crappy CDN-US $ exchange lol
    Stay tuned.....

19. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

What 20%?

20. Dylanc

Dylanc New Member

Yea what's this 20% going on lol

21. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

There was a one day only (june 20th) 20% off everything. Use code MT20K. It was in the newsletter if you've signed up for that.