Mountune MP215 or Cobb stage 2

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by RobotdevilfieSTa, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Randy@mountune

Randy@mountune Active Member

We use 91 octane for testing here unless otherwise stated.

rcl4668, timboslice and marc89gti like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RDgolfer

RDgolfer Active Member

After buying the optimized tune, anyone has 45 days to get a custom tune from mountune. I think this is what you're trying to say???

4. Mr UFO

Mr UFO Active Member

My point was the ots maps are very good. They're not incredible or tuned for peak power.
    On the Cobb Surgeline dyno my pulls were actually very consistent. That being said I have a Cobb FMIC on order so I can run the stage 2 map.

Edit: once installed I'll do a second dyno so we can have more data.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  5. Dyn085

Dyn085 Active Member

On a dyno with the OEM IC, pulls should remain consistent due to the ability to control most environmental factors and keeping temps stable at the beginning of pulls. Out in normal driving with the hood closed and not as much control over when a load is applied vs the amount of air flowing through the IC, you should see a difference.

But yes, OTS maps are good. People need to realize that Cobb maps have to work everywhere, from altitude in Denver to crappy fuel in CA to Texas heat. They just can't compare to maps tailored to a certain engine running a certain fuel in a relatively specific location. Yes, there will be some power left on the table, but if I were going to make a cross-country trip I would need to do it on an OTS map.

As an example, there are currently threads popping up of Mountune-tuned users getting negative corrections, seeing knock, and having to use higher-octane fuel than the map they're running. This isn't limited to Mountune as some ATR users are also working through similar issues. By comparison, I haven't seen anyone using Cobb OTS maps having the same issues. It just goes to show that the safer the map is the less you may see in power but the less chance you'll run into issues.

Definitely curious to see what numbers you end up with in the Stage 2 OTS tune.

FORZDA 2 likes this.
  6. RobotdevilfieSTa

RobotdevilfieSTa New Member

Does anyone know if the MP215 kit has to be installed by a Ford Performance dealer, or just a Ford Dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Any Ford dealer that is willing to do the work will do but typically only Ford Racing dealerships will have any idea of the program.

8. RobotdevilfieSTa

Just pulled the trigger on the MP 215. Still won't see my car for 3 weeks, but it's gonna be worth it.

timboslice and Randy@mountune like this.
  9. Tokendog

Tokendog Member

Yeah mine came in yesterday. The MP215 that is. Now I need to locate a dealer who isn't convinced that I'm feeding them BS when I say it's covered under warranty. So far I've been laughed away from the dealerships.

10. TapTapPull

TapTapPull Active Member

Send them the Ford/mountune documentation that explains this. It's been linked on this site, and I'm pretty sure on mountuneusa, too - I'll try and find it for you.

EDIT: Read in the Warranty tab on the MP215 page: http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MP215-Performance-Upgrade-p/2364-215-aa.htm

11. Tokendog

Tokendog Member

Yeah, I actually did that this morning. I printed it out and took it to the shop manager. He gave me no issues, got me an appointment scheduled, and we're good to go on this coming Friday. I didn't get a Mountune badge in my kit...wasn't it supposed to be included or is it mailed to you once it's registered?

Thanks for the link, btw.

TapTapPull likes this.
  12. Jonnyz

Jonnyz Member

Check in the case for the accessport. That's where I found mine.

Tokendog likes this.
  13. RobotdevilfieSTa

Does this come set to run on 91 or 93 octane? I'm not sure if I missed this earlier. Also, how/where(if you did) did everyone mount their tuner? I'm so excited!

14. RobotdevilfieSTa

One more thing, what should be the next upgrade? I have to plan (run by the wife). And, what exhaust would you all recommend? I don't want something that drones, as this is a daily driver. Is Mountune coming out with one?

15. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

As for octane run minimum 91 at all times with MP215

16. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

[​IMG]This is what I did, doesn't block any vents and is very easy to view when driving.

RobotdevilfieSTa likes this.
  17. RobotdevilfieSTa

Where did you get the mount?

18. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

19. Tokendog

Tokendog Member

Yeah, 91 or 93 octane at all times. 93 preferably.

20. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

As Randy stated they used 91 octane for for their testing and their latest dyno sheet of 204whp and 247wtq is based on 91.
    mp215_dyno_comparison948.jpg

93 octane should gain a bit more whp and wtq but I personally wouldn't waste my money on 93 or 94 octane (what we have in BC, Canada) to get that extra bit of performance unless I was going to the drag strip or start doing autocross.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  21. Tokendog

Tokendog Member

Yeah fortunately where I live 93 Octane is like $3 a gallon right now which is the lowest I've seen it in forever so enjoying it while it's affordable. :)