Mountune MP215 or Cobb stage 2

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Engine Upgrades' started by RobotdevilfieSTa, Nov 23, 2014.

1. RobotdevilfieSTa

RobotdevilfieSTa New Member

Just got this done today. Thanks Randy for your help with my order, sorry if I was a pain. Mountune will definitely get more of my $$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bryramos and Tokendog like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Tokendog

Tokendog Member

Nice, now we need a pic with the highest PSI showing as 23.xx :)
  4. RobotdevilfieSTa

I'm trying

Firesail and Tokendog like this.
  5. Tokendog

Tokendog Member

Haha, nice. :) The highest I have gotten with my MP215 is 23.50. It definitely helps improve the whole powerband. I only wish it had more gauges/monitors and removed the torque limiter in 1st/2nd gear. That aside, very worthwhile upgrade I say.
  6. RobotdevilfieSTa

I completely agree...the butt dyno can tell the difference. The car is definitely more "awake"

7. RobotdevilfieSTa

Every time I try and do the 0-60 run on my AP, it stops at the 60ft time. Am I doing something wrong?

8. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

Mine did the same thing, I asked Randy from Mountune about this and unfortunately he did have any suggestions to fix it. I didn't play with it too much, but if I did a 0-60 run with a normal start (no drop clutch) it would time away.

Edit: I think Randy did suggest moving the AP to a different area of dash and see if it would improve results. Never got a chance to do this as mine is fixed in the corner.
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    RobotdevilfieSTa likes this.
  9. RobotdevilfieSTa

Kind of defeats the purpose, but I guess that will have to do.

10. spprock

spprock New Member

do cobb maps work on the mountune tuner from cobb haha
  11. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

mountune branded cobb AP, yes the maps will work.
    mtune device (the one used for the warranty friendly MP215 kit), no
  12. spprock

spprock New Member

Okay I have the mp215 kit so is there a way I can download maps for it from online?
  13. spprock

spprock New Member

It came in a Cobb case
  14. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

The mtune device has no maps to download at this time. If that is what you have and flashed your ecu. You have the only map for your setup installed.
  15. spprock

spprock New Member

Well that's stupid. What if I get that &150 program to make my custom map will those work with it?
  16. bobjob

bobjob Active Member

No. The only maps you can load on mtune are supposed to be mr tunes which are supposed to go along with the yet to be released Mr equipment packages, like a downpipe and exhaust. Those will be like the ots tunes from cobb
  17. spprock

spprock New Member

Wow really. So I pretty much bought the worst tuner. I already have a ford racing exhaust cat back
  18. Jonnyz

Jonnyz Member

I think it can still have custom tunes uploaded on it from Mountune. You just have to data log before hand with your setup. I want to say the there is a member on here with a protune using not all Mountune parts.
  19. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

The mTune is locked and can only be unlocked by Mountune. I believe there will be an MR upgrade path for those with the mp215 package once the MR parts are released. As for custom tunes, ask Mountune if they can unlock it for a custom tune. But you will end up throwing out your Ford racing warranty...

20. Ronbo

Ronbo Member

Which was really the only reason for choosing the MP215 to begin with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dyn085 likes this.
  21. BostonDriver

BostonDriver Member

I have a Mountune accessport tuner and have all of the Cobb tunes loaded on it as well as my custom tune from randy. Mountunes files are locked, but the accessport can have any file on it you want.