I feel so stupid and I know better but my Fiesta ST reeks of gasoline. Both my son's and daughter's cars died yesterday in the minus 14 F (as in Freaking) cold temperature. In my daughter's case it was the battery in her 2009 Focus. In my experience batteries usually last more than 5 years but she has killed it so many times that I was not a bit surprised. My son's car, a 2002 Focus, has a brand new battery and turns over fine but just won't start. I expect it's a frozen fuel line as he typically does not put gas in until the low fuel light comes on and rarely has more than half a tank. So far I have put two bottles of gas treatment and one can of water remover with no luck. So here's the stupid part. After replacing the battery in my daughter's car, which was an experience in itself including icicles hanging from my moustache, I stopped at the gas station and filled up my 2 gallon container which I planned to add the water remover to. I placed the container in the trunk and drove straight home BUT I took the corner into our sub too fast and I could hear the gas jug fall over on it's side. As soon as I pulled up in our driveway I opened the trunk to find gasoline everywhere! The vent cap was left open and my carpeted load floor, spare tire, jack and mat were all soaked in gas. DOH! My son has the car at work since his vehicle is still out of commission and the load floor and mat (under the spare) are sitting out in the garage. Any suggestions how to get rid of the gasoline smell? I plan on shampooing the carpet and maybe even soaking the mat in the laundry tub. As far as the gloves I was wearing when I removed everything out of the car? Anybody got a match?