My Formal Apology to the community.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by EvoNiner, Oct 9, 2013.

1. EvoNiner

EvoNiner Active Member

I wanted to let the community know that I'm very sorry in tainting the image of our FiST family with two of my threads. I being a part time driving instructor should know better then to drive so recklessly on the roads, furthermore I shouldn't have created threads discussing these events thus giving the idea that it's ok to drive so on the streets. It is not ok, and I must thank BRGT350 helping me realize how stupid my actions were. As I have preached to many people around my community, the best way to test the limits of your car are at sanctioned racing, driving schools, and other events meant for you to be able to drive your car at these limits.

I asked WRC fan if those two threads get taken down which thankfully they were, so people who join our forum realize the mature and respectable community our FiST family is, not only on the road, but also the track. I admit, the excitement got the best of me by finally driving a car I had waited 2 years to finally drive, but there's no excuse for my faults. I'm sorry again for being so disrespectful to the community and hope I can still be a somewhat honorable voice in the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Smokin, Noah, CarefreeAZ and 3 others like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

What happened?
  4. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

You are good. I saw the posts and hoped you realized you need to keep it on the track.. BRAVO !! Well done SIR.... NO need to beat yourself up about it we move forward from here.... Now go get some track time Bub :thumbsup:
    Mikeygti likes this.
  5. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

no problem, we have all been there at some point.
  6. captainmorbid

captainmorbid Active Member

Enthusiasm occasionally overwhelms, hoon responsibly. :)
  7. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

Post the threads back up! I didn't get to read them!:D
  8. mcummings182

mcummings182 Member

That's what I'm saying haha. I'm on here A LOT and I don't even think I saw them!
    brian likes this.
  9. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

I think it's exceptionally cool how much more responsible people on this forum are than on [that other forum]. Well said.
  10. Was your thread about the Mini Cooper and Evo comparison?
  11. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

That be the one
  12. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

I did see one of the threads. Racing others on the roads people tend to get all excited and then lack attentiveness to what they are actually doing while driving other than staying ahead of the person they are trying to beat which is the main reason it's so dangerous. Hard acceleration on a low traffic area by yourself just for the fun of the acceleration while paying attention to what you are doing is safer so long as you don't exceed the speed limit. It doesn't even have the be a drag race with someone. I was stupid once driving alongside my friend who always likes to stay ahead of me and beat me to a destination. I always let him win because if I do get ahead of him he just drives recklessly to get ahead of me. But I took a shortcut he didn't know of just for kicks and giggles to get a bit ahead and in the moment didn't pay close attention when turning left at a stop sign and pulled out in front of a car. Luckily it was far enough away that I could floor it to get out of the way without it hitting me, but it was stupid and I'm not going to do that again. We've all done stupid stuff on the road we regret. Live and learn. Just don't repeat the same mistake. :p
    EvoNiner likes this.
  13. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I read both threads, and.... feel that the only possible way I could forgive you for the dreadful wrongs that you have done.... Is if you post more pictures of your car...

Because I don't have one yet... and tire of looking at the same photo's repeatedly. More pix. If I do not have more photo's of ST's to look at I fear that I may remain scarred for life.

If you have any good in your soul.. Be a man. Do the right thing.
  14. EvoNiner

EvoNiner Active Member

Mayhem likes this.
  15. EvoNiner

EvoNiner Active Member

Mayhem and OxWhiteFiST92 like this.
  16. kvetcha

kvetcha Active Member

Mine's stock, and I managed to curb the heck out of one of my wheels while parallel parking (sigh), but if you want any particular shots, I'm happy to take them.
    EvoNiner likes this.