My ST gets better mileage than a regular Fiesta!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by reddog99, Jan 23, 2014.

1. reddog99

reddog99 Active Member

My ST gets better mileage than a regular Fiesta!
    Well, maybe I better qualify that. It gets better mileage going uphill.

I usually gas up on my way home from work on my normal commute and it's uphill all the way from the gas station to my home in the mountains east of San Diego. It's about a 3500 ft. climb on the freeway and my old Fiesta would regularly register about 22 mpg on the in-dash display by the time I got to my exit (zeroed out at the station). It had a Powershift which would repeatedly downshift whenever the grade got a little steep, sometimes down to forth if there was a headwind.

But the ST just powers up the grades without even breathing hard, and even though I'm traveling about 5 mph faster, it registers 26 mpg over the same uphill stretch. It's too bad that economy doesn't carry through to the level road.

I can easily imagine that the 1.0 Ecoboost model will get some great mileage numbers. It probably has enough torque to climb the mountains without downshifting, too.

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. sumo64c

sumo64c Member

I am in the Smoky Mountains NC area....2800ft elevation and mountain driving is a daily thing for my wife and I. Her 13' Fiesta SE manual averages 39.8mpg and my ST is at 31.9mpg I've never really paid attention going up significant uphill climbs....but will check as the wife and I swap cars when I take it to and from FL. Am curious to see if I get the same result.