My weather stripping on the roof is coming off...

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by smatty, Mar 23, 2014.

1. smatty

smatty Member

Today I noticed that the passenger side weather stripping on the roof has come loose. After inspecting it, it appears that only the very front of the strip was ever stuck down. The adhesive on the rest is not very sticky. Hopefully the service department can glue it down or add an adhevise strip.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. bigshotdan

bigshotdan Active Member

Hate to say it, but that's Ford quality for you. All their money gets poured into the engineering side of things rather than build quality...

I'd imagine your local dealership's service team would be able to remedy that pretty easily...
  4. FordService

FordService Official Ford Representative

Hi smatty,

Welcome to the forum! I can loop in your customer service manager, who'll work with your dealer on this. Send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

5. ohskigod

ohskigod Member

6. WmJay

WmJay Member

I had the same exact thing happen to mine. Brought it to the dealer, they ordered a new strip, and it was fixed within a few days.
  7. smatty

smatty Member

I finally had some time to take it by the dealer and they ordered the part in a day. Then replaced the strip in less than 15 minutes when I took it back in. No gorilla glue necessary!
  8. Bavarian

Bavarian Member

Nice, had a similar thing happen on my driverside. Dealer fixed it. Sounds like a common issue though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk