MyFordTouch hacks, mods, updates, etc.

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Interior Upgrades' started by nummypuppies, Dec 8, 2013.

1. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Dang, but I hope this is helpful/gonna work!

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. WestcoastST

WestcoastST Active Member

This is what I'm talking about. The I with the circle, press on it and the next screen appears.
    [​IMG]
    Then turn on SHOW NOTIFICATIONS
    [​IMG]

4. WestcoastST

This is my conversation with the sync guru.

Andrew, one question. I have an Iphone 5 with IOS 7.04. I have bluetooth turned on, and have set it to show notifications. When I try to see messages on MyFord Touch, it says my phone is not capable of sending messages through bluetooth, even though the syncmyford website says I should be able to send and receive messages.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Andrew Stephens
    12:18 PM (1 hour ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me
    [​IMG]
    I had the same problem. When my fusion ran v3.5 text kinda worked. Shaky at best. after I updated my sync to 3.6.2 it kicked the text completely....I called ford and they said iPhones were not longer compatible. I still see it on the support website that you can do text messages it think it's just outdated. I never really received a good answer as to why. But if I hear anything I will definitely keep in contact :)

Sent from my iPhone

5. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I don't want to jinx it but I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.04 and it works just fine for me. I receive texts, the car reads them to me (can't display them). I haven't actually tried sending texts as I can just use Siri vice command to send them and it works through the car audio. It has stopped on me before and I've had to deleted phone, turn off the car and re pair and it worked again.

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  6. WestcoastST

How did you set yours up. I used the directions on the syncmyride.com website. I have not tried the soft reset. I don't want to handle my phone to send texts as it is illegal in SoCal, as I'm sure it is in other states and counties. I would rather send and receive them through myfordtouch. Thanks.

7. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

The steps you described all applied and I was able to find what you are looking for. I can now access the text message menu but it doesn't appear to be sending or receiving. :(

8. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Aauurrgh! I kinda thought we might have a winner there, as it seemed all of a sudden I thought I could recall the needed bits. Probably left something out. I'll try to think it through and see if I can wrestle it into submission for ya.

9. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Shit. I may be phucked into updating my phone to ios7. Damn.

10. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Representative

Hi BlueBomber,

You mentioned that you weren't able to upgrade to iOS7. Which version are you currently running? If you have 6.1.3 installed, it should still work.

Kim

11. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Under "About", my phone says its version is 6.1.4

12. FordIVTteam

13. COBB

COBB Active Member

Oh yeah, you'll probably need iOS 7.

Ian

14. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

I used the directions there too. But I had to re do the pairing a couple times and then try it by pushing the voice command and saying 'text message' sometimes I got the notice saying it wasn't supported then eventually it just said there were no new messages so then I knew it was working.
    I don't think there is a way to send texts from the car really but all I do it hold the home button on my phone instead of pushing the steering wheel button. I don't look at my phone at all as Siri goes through sync anyway.

LuvfiestaST likes this.
  15. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

FWIW, I tried again on my own phone, an iPhone 4S with iOS7, and this time succeeded in getting it to allow receipt of text messages, and MFT read 'em aloud to me. Woo-hoo! The first time I tried, I clearly failed in doing something, and this time, though AFAICT I did it exactly the same, it worked. [WTF,O?--Dunno] Hoping this all comes full circle for ya, BB, and you get it working. BTW, it also allows me to respond to a text by using MFT, pulling from a list of 15 canned replies. [Yes, the canned list is editable.] I'm now a smidge happier with Ford.

16. WestcoastST

All I had to do (in addition to the instructions given above) was to do a warm reboot on my Iphone while it was originally connected to sync. Now I can receive text messages now.:joyful:

Firesail and LuvfiestaST like this.
  17. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Update: Thanks to everyone that helped me out. Last night part way home the system decided it would cooperate and now will receive my texts for me.

When the system says "Incoming Text Message" out loud over the speakers, is it then listening for me to say "Read Text" or whatever or what audio commands do i need to give the system?

jimclark likes this.
  18. FordIVTteam

Good; I'm glad it's working now, WestcoastST. Thanks for sharing!
    Awesome, BlueBomber!

Just press the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and say LISTEN TO TEXT MESSAGE.

Here is another link that may be helpful: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/send-and-receive-text-message-sync-myford-touch

Kim

19. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Welcome to the 21st century, BB!

20. spangenb

spangenb Active Member

I have been trying to find the shortest commands. Aside from turning off the prompts (expert mode if you like) I also found that "listen to message" works. However, "play message" tunes the radio to Sirius LOL

21. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Kim,

So even though my phone is sending and receiving texts when i try voice commands such as "listen to text message" or "reply to text message", it says aloud "text messaging not supported on this device", then proceeds to read the message anyway. Is there anything I can do?

Ps.
    Also, how do I get invited to the Ford Customer Satisfaction Clinic in Irvine, CA?