Need your help, please?

Discussion in 'Tasca Auto Group' started by ST_Rocky, Oct 17, 2013.

1. ST_Rocky

ST_Rocky Member

In case it gets missed elsewhere? But I really need help with this, please.

Steve, could you help me out, please?

My new, 2 week old Fiesta ST was broken into Saturday, and they busted out the driver's side door glass. At first, the sub contracted mobile glass company tried to install a no name Chinese glass, and I refused. They came back with a genuine Carlite Ford branded glass, but it does not have the proper markings on it. Theirs shows Tempered ....2, and no extra NI marking:

All the other glass on my car show Tempered .3, and have this extra NI marking that has to do with the tint, or UV rating? This is what is the right markings:

I am trying to have them get me the right, exact glass installed, but they all keep saying theirs is correct. They called a parts department in Ft Worth, and got this information:

I tried calling Ford Customer Service, but they were no help. Only referred to call the local dealers for help. Is there any way you could find out what the right glass is? If you need my VIN#, can send to you in PM.

I only want my car back to how it was, like new again. Thanks!
    Is there any way to have the glass checked at the parts warehouse to see what is the correct one, and what imprints are on it? This means a ton to me, to get my car back to "new" again. Thanks!
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Very sorry for the delay getting back to you, Last week was crazy due to traveling and working in Rhode Island for the week.

Everything I can find does point to that being the only glass available, it's completely normal for production glass to have different markings than the OEM Carlite replacements.

Glass isn't ordered the same way as other parts either, when a dealership places a glass order to Ford it gets referred to a local glass supplier that then delivers the glass to the dealership. It does not come through the regular depot system.

The only way to get the exact same piece of glass would be to get your local dealership to contact Ford and try to get a piece of glass pulled from the production line and shipped to them.

In a situation like this there's not much I can do because auto glass is one thing I've never dealt with due to the fact that no carriers will insure it, it's very strong but one wrong hit and it shatters.

You could try salvage yards in your area to see if they have any Fiestas so you could see if the glass is the same.

Sorry to be of little help.

4. ST_Rocky

ST_Rocky Member

Thank you for getting back to me.

That is different from what I remember, when I worked in the parts departments for Toyota (main), BMW, and Nissan dealers back from 1978 till about 1990. We always got factory glass in the normal parts deliveries.

If this is the case, of not (maybe?) ever getting the exact replacement, then I sure HOPE that Ford Credit won't charge me for damages if I return the car when the lease is up. Even so, I care about *my* car, and want it back to how it was originally.
  5. Steve@Tasca

Steve@Tasca Fiesta ST Network Sponsor

Years ago glass did come direct from Ford but that changed about 10-12 years ago.

As for the lease, you have nothing to worry about particularly since it is Carlite glass and it is the correct replacement. I'd actually be shocked if they even noticed it was different.

If there's anything else I can help with please let me know.

6. ST_Rocky

ST_Rocky Member

Thank you for your help! Good I am anal about details, and had once worked in parts too. Because the first glass he brought with him, was a no name Chinese made replacement. At least now, it is a Carlite. Still, I do wonder about the tempered rating of ....2 vs the .3 on the rest of the car.

Got an email reply from Carlite. The NI markings with the 70% rating, I was told that is for Brazil. So guess since these are now true "one world" cars, and mine was built in Mexico, makes sense.

The adjuster should be here shortly, to check out the rest of the damage. So soon, should be back to being MY car again.