New AUTOCAR.uk article.....of course the ST wins

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST News and Reviews' started by lill2012, Jul 7, 2014.

1. lill2012

lill2012 Member

Firesail likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Zormecteon

Zormecteon Active Member

[QUOTE="Can't wait! I'll figure out the stick-shift thing on the way home[/QUOTE]

Don't be upset when shifting takes more than just the drive home to figure out... It's as much an art as a science......

The "CAR TALK" lesson on using a clutch....................
    go to an empty parking lot. put the car in neutral. using only your left foot on the clutch, get the car rolling, without killing the car.; that is don't give it any gas to make it go....... push in the clutch, use the brake, stop and car and do it again. .. only when you can consistently get the clutch out all the way without killing the car should you advance to shifting. ...

Good Luck..Enjoy... .(we know you will)

lill2012 likes this.
  4. SirSlaughter

SirSlaughter Member

As someone who went from stalling about 7 times a day to burnouts on the drag strip in a week...I can say you will love this car. I admit though, I accidentally did a burnout (Too much gas when I let go of the clutch) and kinda...just rolled with it. I totally look like an asshole to the guy on the motorcycle. (I'm sorry I didn't mean it!)

lill2012 likes this.
  5. moff3tt

moff3tt Active Member

I learned stick on a 71 VW Beetle that had a stage 1 *unsprung* clutch kit and about 50hp and that is why I am so good at feathering haha.

6. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

Don't be upset when shifting takes more than just the drive home to figure out... It's as much an art as a science......

The "CAR TALK" lesson on using a clutch....................
    go to an empty parking lot. put the car in neutral. using only your left foot on the clutch, get the car rolling, without killing the car.; that is don't give it any gas to make it go....... push in the clutch, use the brake, stop and car and do it again. .. only when you can consistently get the clutch out all the way without killing the car should you advance to shifting. ...

Good Luck..Enjoy... .(we know you will)[/QUOTE]

Really, REALLY hard to do! (unless the lot slopes down)
    It is a good lesson though when you put the car in gear. That's how I taught my daughter, first day was just start/stop/repeat.