New coilover options coming soon

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chassis Upgrades' started by McRib 1s Back, Mar 27, 2014.

1. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

I take it you mean 50/50 side to side or corner to corner but not front to rear:)

Of course if you could make it front to rear that would be incredible but it would take some serious surgery on a FWD car to do that.

I take it the Z214, C51 compound, are known to work best with a lot of camber, perhaps the sidewalls are a bit softer and with superb grip that deems more camber is better for them.

-4 is pretty extreme, in the realm of losing traction and braking effectiveness but if it works for you then great:)

Have you tried the A6 or V710? They can work great for lapping, TT events superbly so, they hold up pretty well if not over driven on track for extended periods as well. I have some R6 tires in 225/45/15, 8.8" tread width, my set is barely used but old now so mostly using them to get the fenders pulled just right, I might give them a run on track but they might not ever warm up to get some good grip out of them. I have been debating running the Rival in that size, 8.5" tread width as I can run them on the street if I do not feel like swapping for an event, etc...When I run some TT events later on I will probably run the A6 though, no warm up needed. Since I have a great connection on fresh take offs from race teams for great prices I buy used tires and get the best of them which sometimes means not raced at all, just scuffed.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Yep, L/R -- spelled it out in the earlier post and didn't figure I needed to say it again. Does anybody really think we're anywhere near 50/50 F/R?! :)

I'm only interested in R-compound tires that help max negative camber settings. The BFG R1 recommended max is -3. They wear like iron but aren't the stickiest. See related tire thread -- I'm interested in the new R7! A good friend races on the Z214 on a similar car, similar suspension, with great results.
  4. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

I did not read it all so I missed that part, of course I know you did not mean front to rear, just having some fun:)

I know of a few that love the Z214, I have never ran them but might try them sometime if I get them used......most of the used tires I get are so fresh there really is no difference between them and brand new and already scuffed in for me.

I have not seen much info on the R7 yet, I will have to look into it as if made in my size once they start getting used often I will be able to buy them, $400 shipped for four nearly perfect race tires is what I like to buy:) I just wish it was less as it was what I paid for Vette sized race tires!
  5. McRib 1s Back

McRib 1s Back Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw ya coming. :)

Ooh, I like cheap tires! Let me know if you have a connection. I'm running Spec Miata sizes to be a bit more frugal. I'm really hard on tires and like not worrying about them -- or the wheels! I jam over the FIA curbs with reckless abandon! ;)
  6. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

I love curb running, absolutely, do it every chance I get!

PM on the tires on the way.

You might be interested in what I am doing, may of seen it already.

4x100 re-bore, not expensive, far more wheels available.

Since I want to stuff as much brakes under 15's I picked the ones with the most clearance, finally arriving today.
    15x9 Konig's that weigh 13 lbs, roll formed so very strong, $134 each! I want to run the 225 wide 15s so need the wider wheel and will have some work to get them under the car to sort out, a close call to be sure.

They have some Avanti wheels, roll formed, 12.2 lbs but less inside diameter and other choices but cost more.

I picked Konig Feathers in 17x7 for the street with 205/45/17 Michelin A/S 3 W rated(they have a lower rated one as well) as can use them in cold weather, rain, etc so will see how they do on track which should be very well)
  7. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Have you guys heard of this guy ?

Pre loved race tires (and if you say it was in a earlier post I'm sorry i read it years ago and forgot with all the forums I touch on its hard to recall things at my age)
  8. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

I should of just posted that, tell John Rick McCallum sent you:)

I sometimes hold off as do not want all the good tires to be gone when I need some but he gets them in all the time.......

I have bought many tires from him, always great service and great tires, he has been doing this a very long time and really knows his stuff so great to get advice from as well.
  9. RodMoe

RodMoe Well-Known Member

Thanks Ill pass it along once I am ready to go full race on the AutoX circuit :)
  10. raamaudio

raamaudio Active Member

Don't tell to many, he does not get a great deal of autocross tires, mostly race tires, slicks and DOT race.
    RodMoe likes this.