New FiST - need to mount front license plate

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by eqc.liu, Sep 14, 2014.

1. eqc.liu

eqc.liu New Member

So I finally got my new-to-me FiST! Molten Orange with every options checked. So far I am absolutely loving it!

However, I do have one question. Opposite of most threads, I need to mount a front bumper license plate. The car didn't come with one, does anyone have suggestions?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

Ford makes a license plate holder that doesn't look too bad, it's made out of black molded plastic. Doesn't nice job of accenting the front bumper with the curves on the bracket.

There is another product on the market called show-n-stow bracket but this will block part of the intercooler and you don't want that.

4. eqc.liu

eqc.liu New Member

Okay, I will try my local Ford dealer.

Also, is there any way to disable to annoying startup chimes?

5. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

Multiple people around here have removed their factory front plate bracket so someone probably has it still lying around.

6. WmJay

WmJay Member

I had to drill out the rivets in mine, and the plastic surrounding them on the frame melted off. Couldn't reuse it without drilling some new holes, so I trashed it. Took my front plate off a few weeks back, and haven't had an issue since. I'd try running without them until you get caught. It's simply a fix-it ticket here, and you can get the charges dropped by providing evidence of the fix.

7. meFiSTo

meFiSTo Active Member

Modbargains has this thing that mounts to the bumper under the car: Sho N Sto license plate holder

I might have done something like that if the car did not come with a stock plate holder.

8. marc89gti

marc89gti Active Member

I looked at that one too, problem is it would block a lot of air flow to the intercooler. Not too sure if there's enough room of to one side without obstructing the fog light.

9. meFiSTo

meFiSTo Active Member

Ah. I did not read your prior post completely. That's true, but I guess I'm not too concerned about the intercooler in normal driving situations on city streets. I just don't make extreme demands on the car around town, cruising on the freeway etc. I also don't hoon around on mountain roads (at least not to any excessive degree). However, it would be handy for track days as it would easy to remove allowing for unobstructed flow.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  10. eqc.liu

eqc.liu New Member

I went to the ford's dealer and they just told me to screw the plate directly to the bumper. So now it's bolted on, over hanging on the top side.