New ST Next Year

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by Ben, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ben

Ben Member

Hey everyone! I just ordered a Fiesta ST, and now waiting for delivery in April. Right now I'm currently driving a Daihatsu Terios J1 (as seen in UK, Australia, and Japan). It will be a quite an upgrade! I ordered the U.S. spec Fiesta, but I am currently stationed in the Netherlands, but it does not seem that the STs here are much different. This will be my first ford (I've rented a few recently), and car that is less than 15 years old. Are there many European members here?

2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. Sil3nt611

Sil3nt611 Active Member

The biggest difference is one many people here in the US would rather have over here, the US spec is 5 door and the EU spec is 3 door.

4. moshaholic2

moshaholic2 Active Member

Besides the # of doors, if you choose to tune your car you'll either need to use COBB in the US or mountuneUSA as the euro ecu's are different.

Also, european aftermarket exhausts will be slightly shorter on the US car (about an inch)

Other than that, other aftermarket parts should all match

5. Ben

Ben Member

The number of doors don't bother that much (though I do prefer the 3-door design). Honestly, I would buy a European spec ST, but the taxes are too high here (21%), and it would be difficult to take the car back to the U.S. I am looking forward to taking it on the autobahn soon.