New ST owner, Ontario Canada!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Meet and Greet' started by graynicolas11, Oct 25, 2013.

1. graynicolas11

graynicolas11 Active Member

yeah I looked and it wasn't really bad, there was a little bit where your picture was showing but as soon as I touched it, it just flaked away..nothing substantial. Nothing from what your picture shows. On the bright side hopefully this weather is a sign of things to come and we wont have to deal with anymore salt this year.

level42, LuvfiestaST and mrtn like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. graynicolas11

update because i haven't in a while..Purchased my Cobb accessport, plates and a sticker..should be seeing it in the mail on Monday! :D can't wait! also put in some yellow fogs, goes really well with the black

LuvfiestaST and RodMoe like this.
  4. graynicolas11

This stuff showed up today :)

[​IMG]

5. level42

level42 Active Member

I was cautioned by my dealer about the Access Ports, they told me they are one of the only modifications that will void the warranty.

6. graynicolas11

how would they know if you've done it? I thought that was the reason you can re flash it back to stock.? I have emailed Cobb to ask them and see what they say

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  7. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

There are some traces that get left behind and if they look hard enough, they can tell. They have to be quite motivated to go that far. If you blow up your engine, they might go digging. There really is no such thing as "voiding" the warranty. They can deny individual claims if they can prove something you did led to a specific failure, but the warranty is still there for unrelated items.

graynicolas11 and BlackBird like this.
  8. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

My guess is that if something does happen and you go in there with Cobb plate frames and a sticker they will probably go digging...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. WScottCross

WScottCross Well-Known Member

True, but those are easily removed if you do need to take it in for a warranty claim.

graynicolas11 likes this.
  10. mrtn

mrtn Active Member

Yes but if you go in there for regular oil changes or something unrelated are you going to take them off every time? Possible I guess. But it will probably be noted somewhere.

11. timboslice

timboslice Active Member

Yeah, it's pretty much mod at your own risk... I doubt installing a Cobb maps will be detrimental to the reliability of your engine. However, flashing your ECU can leave detectable breadcrumbs. Whether they actively look for these is up for debate. Ford has released dealer bulletins about tuning the 3.5 L ecoboost, with a flow chart on denying claims (and red flagging VINs). Maybe ask your dealer how they feel about APs? Some dealers are mod friendly others are pretty hostile.

Also, having an intake, exhaust, Cobb stickers could be a red flag for your dealer.

So, in the very very unlikely chance that something breaks, that could be attributed to "tuning" or "modding," they can deny your claim. Fighting your dealer or Ford Canada would be a challenging uphill battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. graynicolas11

yeah, maybe ill just go in and ask them..see how they feel about it

13. level42

level42 Active Member

Sorry to burst your excitement bubble there :(

Just thought you should be aware.

Let us know what they tell you.

14. uglydogrally

uglydogrally New Member

New FiST owner from Ottawa! Just picked up Tux. Black, with smoke int, sunroof no nav. Love this little car far. Feels better then my WRX did!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. graynicolas11

Well boys, it's been fun. Went out to Alberta and traded her in. I have turned to the darkside and chosen the older sister. I picked up a 2014 tangerine scream focus st and brought her back to Ontario. Gonna miss the Fiesta, but this was the car I really wanted all along.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    LuvfiestaST likes this.
  16. level42

level42 Active Member

Dealer trade? How did you do on the trade value?

17. graynicolas11

Yeah it was a dealer trade. I was leasing the Fiesta and I switched to financing the Focus but it was 0% down, 0% financing. I didn't get any money back obviously because I was trading up but i still think i did the right thing.

LuvfiestaST likes this.