New York Times: "Something About It Says ‘Party!’"

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST News and Reviews' started by Devon, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Devon

Devon Member

Nice review here, with comparisons to the V6 Mustang.

Mikeygti likes this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Well, not much in the way of actual comparison to the V6 Mustangs of the world, but a very nice review nonetheless.

4. Ronbo

Ronbo Member

I understand these reviewers who comment that the small buttons on the MFT screen are hard to use, but they don't seem to know (or acknowledge) that most functions are easily and accurately controlled via voice commands.

SpaceFish likes this.
  5. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

I'm still working on getting to that easy and accurate control you speak of--but I get the point. In fairness to the designers/engineers, they're trying to fit a fair bit of stuff in a small space.

6. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Representative

Hi jimclark,

Here is a list of voice commands to get you started with MyFord Touch: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/voice-command-categories-sync-myford-touch If you're using accurate commands and still experience issues, let me know. I'll help troubleshoot.

Kim

frismanis likes this.
  7. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Thanks, Kim. As I said, I'm still working on it, but it's getting better. The biggest issue is simply that (some of) the commands don't come naturally to me just yet--and I don't want to have to be thinking about what I have to say as I drive. That, and sometimes the system doesn't "understand" what I said--it's recognition abilities aren't perfect yet. But, repetition brings mastery, however, so I'll get there, I'm sure.

8. FordIVTteam

Oh, I'm sure you'll get there. :) You can give the command WHAT CAN I SAY until the commands come naturally to you. The MyFord Touch system will let you know which commands you can use at that time.

Kim

9. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Unfortunately, the "what can I say" sometimes comes out in an exasperated tone with a couple of colorful adjectives attached. That doesn't work well. I keep expecting it to respond with, "I can't let you do that, Dave."

Firesail and LuvfiestaST like this.
  10. FordIVTteam

Sometimes Samantha (the SYNC lady) has a mind of her own, so you never know! ;)
    Keep at it; I'll be here if you need help.

Kim

11. jimclark

jimclark Active Member

Samantha, eh? Maybe now I can sweet-talk her a bit. You know: "Now, Sam, I love to hear your luscious voice, and I'll ask you to do something again in a few minutes just to hear you, but can you please . . . ."