Nick From ModBargains Goes To ST Octane Academy - Blog

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST News and Reviews' started by BlueBomber, May 1, 2014.

1. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Hey Ford ST enthusiasts, join me and my friend Kevin in my 2014 Ford Fiesta ST as we road trip from Los Angeles to Ford ST Octane Academy at Miller Motorsports Park and relay our experience at Hoonigan Headquarters in SLC. We hope you join us for the fun!

I will be posting photos and videos and chronicling our experience both getting there and the experience of the Academy. Check it out and support me by reading my posts! :)
    #socalford #fordfiesta #Fiestamovement #fourtankadventure #fiestast #fordst #Hoonigan #aintcare

http://blog.modbargains.com/nick-modbargains-goes-to-ford-st-octane-academy-day-1/

http://blog.modbargains.com/nick-modbargains-goes-to-ford-st-octane-academy-day-2/

http://blog.modbargains.com/nick-modbargains-goes-to-ford-st-octane-academy-day-3/

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    CrookedRacer and bryramos like this.
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. bryramos

bryramos Member

Thanks for sharing. Great to read about your road trip. Looking to hear about your review on the ST Octane Academy.

4. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

djdennehy and kamakazee like this.
  5. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

I think most people I know were there this past weekend. My Facebook and Instagram feed were packed with pictures.

BlueBomber likes this.
  6. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

OHH you're the dude who liked all the posts.
    I hashtagged the jesus out of #fiestamovement

7. mad.radhu

mad.radhu New Member

Good write up, looking forward to day 3. Best trip report from the octane academy i've read so far.

8. BRGT350

BRGT350 Well-Known Member Staff Member

yes, that is most likely the case.

9. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

10. bryramos

bryramos Member

Nice write-up. Enjoyed reading your experience.

11. mad.radhu

mad.radhu New Member

Fantastic, thanks so much for this.

12. Deanh

Deanh Member

was there myself Nick on the 22nd, best part ( didnt really care for the Autocross ) was track time, MAN that Fiesta ST performs, the 4 wheel drifts were priceless....awesome time and the Instructors were just a great bunch of people...recall the tommy Lee Jones look-alike....great guy...and mischevious...

13. golfhack

golfhack Member

I just went on the 7th and had my hot lap with Tommy Lee Jones, it was freaking fun!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Deanh likes this.
  14. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Dave are you talkin about Cam, cos thats who I had and who it sounds like you're describing.

guys from Laguna Niguel IIRC?

15. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

Also who is going to ST Performance Academy / Ecoboost Challenge / EcoBoost Drive

16. Deanh

Deanh Member

Thats him, fantastic guy, mean sense of humour....

17. Deanh

Deanh Member

my hot lap was with Drew....another great guy....

18. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Active Member

I had Cam as our Lead-Follow instructor as well as for my instructor ridealong, for the hot lap I got Tyler, he didn't say much but he was pretty goddamn quick

Best advice I got from Cam was needing to steer less to get the car to actually corner better and broaden the arc of my line more and use more of the red-n-white kerbs

Mean sense of humor but great guy.

19. Deanh

Deanh Member

Tyler was in the car with me for the first couple of laps for instruction, best thing he told me is it wasnt my car, and instead of braking 20% then going to 80% to brake 80% then back off...then everything clicked and it was go time....I caught the guy in the FOCUS ST and had to slow down...my only complaint is I wanted more time....and Cam was an absolute hoot...and PS, dont be surprized if somewhere down the line yours truley contacts you reagrding a miltek exhaust...

BlueBomber likes this.
  20. Deanh

Deanh Member

Also, I made note of the lack of bridgestones on the cars....BF Goodrich.....apparently a sponsor...

21. wash

wash Active Member

When I was there I talked to a guy who worked there and he said several tires were tested and they chose what worked well.

My instructor almost passed the driver in front of him on the hot lap.

I would name names but I'm horrible with names.