No ESC button on my FiST!!!

Discussion in 'Fiesta ST Chat and Discussion' started by RaNDoM, Nov 5, 2013.

1. RaNDoM

RaNDoM New Member

Ok so i got the plastic around the shifter half way off. Not trying to break it. Does the actual oval part around the fan and temerature button just pop straight out?
  2. Register or Sign in

Advertisement Sponsor

3. RaNDoM

RaNDoM New Member

OK, after taking the center console apart I may have found a way to narrow down the problem without the dealer's help. I snapped some pics of how many wires and how many pins are in the switch. I just need someone on here to show me pics of theirs to compare and then I can take it to the dealer to order what's needed. I have 4 pins in the left heated seats/ no ESC switch and 5 wires running to it. Anyone with heated seats and ESC know how many pins and wires they have? Thanks! image.jpg image.jpg
  4. EvoNiner

EvoNiner Active Member

Woooooow. That's like seeing a dog staring at you through a mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. RaNDoM

RaNDoM New Member

What? Lol
  6. eRic

eRic Active Member

yes mine moves when I press it. just like the ambient lighting button.
  7. RaNDoM

RaNDoM New Member

Went to the dealership yesterday. They finally agreed that my car came from the factory without an ESC button. They have replaced the switch with the correct one. The tech said he had to go in with a laptop and program it to work. Its working great! Problem solved. Now I gotta go back and get them to fix my driver side mirror that somehow came loose and shakes when driving... Hope I have no further problems.
  8. wash

wash Active Member

It sounds like your car got built on a Friday.
    MOFiST likes this.
  9. ManOnFire

ManOnFire New Member

My switch is missing too. I'll have to go back to the dealer.
  10. stuntdoogie

stuntdoogie Active Member

Please let me know what they do to fix that mirror cause mine shakes also and my dealer dont know how to fix it...or dont want to.
  11. FordService

FordService Official Ford Representative

Let me know when you have that appointment set up so I can check into some additional assistance.

EDIT: I see you've messaged me on the other forum. I've replied there. :)
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  12. ManOnFire

ManOnFire New Member

Switch installed today. No issues with Ford or the dealer. Walked in told them the problem and they made a appointment to fix the problem no questions asked.